All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- What paper should I use? With a massive range of different papers available, how should you go about seeing which papers work best for your photos. Some of the choices you can consider when looking at paper types and brands for printing your photographs
- Time for BIG prints – testing the Gigapan More testing of our GigaPan Epic Pro for panoramic pictures. Continued testing work showing some aspects you need to consider with longer focal length lenses
- Canon iPF5100 printer review Detailed review testing the Canon imagePROGRAF iPF5100 17 inch width large format printer. Sheet and roll paper, looking at colour and black and white pigment ink based printing a range of paper types.
- Will they sell? So, you've sold a few photographic prints - do you have the makings of a print business, or is it just a hobby? Some thoughts on what you need to consider if you want to make print sales a significant part of your photo business.
- At night with the GigaPan Testing the Gigapan at night with an ultra high resolution photo of the centre of Leicester. The clock tower and the christmas tree
- GigaPan Epic Pro Initial setup battery charging and testing of the Gigapan Epic Pro camera mount with the Manfrotto 338 levelling tripod head.
- Michael Westmoreland at the LPPG Some of Michael Westmoreland's panoramic prints on show at the LPPG in Leicester. Celebrating the 80th birthday of a panoramic photography pioneer.
- When your prints are too dark Overview of the causes of prints of your photos coming out of your printer looking too dark. Discusses workarounds and more detailed fixes for the problem
- Canon 5D mk2 Infrared conversion Using an Infrared (IR) modified DSLR camera for digital infrared photography. Looking at exposure and lens choices, along with image processing options. Testing an IR modified Canon EOS 5D mk2 - it it just about luminous trees
- Review of Tiffen Dfx3 Tiffen Dfx3 provides a wide range of filter and image adjustment options for photoshop, Lightroom, Elements and Aperture
- Epson Stylus Pro SP4900 review Review of the Stylus Pro SP4900 11 colour 17 inch (A2) printer from Epson. Setup and printing. Includes fitting and use of the optional Spectroproofer unit.
- Close up macro – the Canon MP-E65 lens A short review of Canon's specialist macro lens the MP-E65. Offering up to x5 magnification. Tested on a Canon 1Ds mk3 full frame camera
- Review of Nik Color Efex Pro V4 Detailed review of Nik creative filters for Photoshop / Aperture / Lightroom - version 4. Multiple filters and preset image editing options
- 3×3 quick tips for improving your black and white photography A collection of quick tips that can help improve the quality of your black and white photography. Simple steps to better monochrome pictures
- Digital’s Analogue – Expose to the right and exposure Guest article by Robert Fisher exploring some of the similarities between the Zone System, HDR techniques and the digital exposure guide known as ETTR or 'expose to the right'
- Sea of steps A chance to see how a modern ultra wide shift lens performs on a familiar view of Wells Cathedral. Sea of steps - photography inspired by the work of FH Evans in 1903
- When passion -does- make a difference Why a passion for your photography will help your business if used the right way. It's never enough on its own, but used wisely it can work wonders.
- Leicestershire images – LPPG opening An exhibition of eight of Keith's large prints are on show as part of the opening exhibition at: Leicester People's Photography gallery, housed in the old central library, Belvoir St., Leicester.
- The photographer in the orange hat How do you make your photography business stand out from the crowd. It's always best to consider what ways are actually of benefit to the business and making a profit
- Preparations for Leicester Peoples’ Photography Gallery Getting ready to show some photos at an exhibition. Preparations for Leicester Peoples' Photography Gallery
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)