All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- i1Basic Pro 2 review Review of the i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer i1Basic package from X-Rite. Monitor and projector profiling and calibration using i1Profiler software
- Black and white print linearisation with the i1Pro 2 Using the X-Rite i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer to measure black and white test print targets to create linearising curves and profile with the QTR software package
- Black and white print linearisation with i1Profiler and QTR Black and white print linearisation using QTR icc profiles created with X-Rite i1Profiler software and the i1Pro spectrophotometer
- X-Rite i1Photo Pro 2 review Review of the X-Rite i1Photo Pro 2. Printer profiling as part of the 'i1Photo' package, including OBA compensation
- Pro photography – pick your areas of work with care Part of running a successful photography business is deciding what areas of work to concentrate on, and building your skills in those areas. Remember though that you need to make a profit and that may mean less concentration on some areas you like. Doing any work that comes along does not count as a long term strategy
- Review of DxO FilmPack V3.2 DxO FilmPack V3.2 simulates and adds the precise look of film (tonality and grain) to photographs. Works as a plugin and standalone app.
- Making a 14 metre photographic print The GigaPan photography and image processing and editing needed to make a 14 metre panoramic sequence print of Leicester city centre at dusk
- Prints on a wall Photos showing the mounting of a new 14 metre long print of Leicester City Centre at dusk. The print is on view at the Leicester People's Photography Gallery throughout May 2012
- Datacolor Spyder4Pro review Detailed review of the Datacolor Spyder 4 Pro monitor calibrator colorimeter and profiling software package
- Spyder4TV HD review Review of datacolor Spyder 4 TV HD calibration for TVs, video monitors and home cinema setups. V4.5 software. Device measures display characteristics for adjusting colour and display quality
- Review Spyder 4 Express Detailed review of the Datacolor Spyder 4 Express monitor calibrator and profiling software package. Economic solution for calibration
- So, you want a good, cheap inkjet printer with cheap ink Lots of people want a good quality, cheap, photo printer that doesn't cost a lot in ink. Unfortunately, the market doesn't quite work like that - some thought about what to do when your old printer dies.
- Pro photography – winning the lottery? Is there a shortcut, avoiding business planning and hard work, in building a successful photography business? Is it now just a matter of getting your work seen by enough people - or buying enough lottery tickets
- Datacolor Spyder4Elite review Detailed review of the Datacolor Spyder4Elite monitor and projector calibration and profiling colorimeter and software
- Black and white from Colour Large collection of methods and techniques for converting colour images to black and white. Photoshop techniques and references to specialist plugins
- Autopano Giga 2.6 review – big prints Review of AutoPano Giga software for stitching multiple images together in different projections. Also tested with photos captured using a GigaPan Epic Pro
- How much to charge for photography How to work out what you should be charging for your photography. The fundamental numbers behind running a photography business.
- DxO Optics Pro V7.2 Review Review of V7.2 of DxO Optic Pro. Software for processing camera image files with attention to sharpening, lighting and lens correction
- Is your printer OK for black and white photography? Choosing a good printer for black and white photography is nowhere as easy as it is for colour. Keith looks over some of the options, including getting better black and white out of your existing printer.
- Using Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 for dull colour images Contrast boosting by using Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 for dull colour images. Using software designed for producing black and white images to adjust image luminosity
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)