All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Black and white photo printing Keith Cooper is interviewed about his approach to printing his black and white photography. Extended version with additional notes and information from a printed magazine article.
- Datacolor SpyderLensCal review Datacolor SpyderLensCal review. Specialist device for camera focus adjustment and accuracy checking. Tested with a Canon 1Ds3
- BowHaus True Black and White review BowHaus True Black and White review. Black and white specialist printing software for Canon iPF large format printers. Offers full ink control and linearisation.
- JetMaster canvas print display system review Economical mounted canvas prints, for demonstrations, exhibitions where a good looking 'box frame' is required without traditional stretching and mounting.
- Canon iPF6300 review Canon iPF6300 review, testing the imagePROGRAF iPF6300 24 inch large format printer, for colour and black and white fine art printing.
- Camera choices – keeping up to date Camera choices - keeping up to date with a changing market. At what point is what you've got good enough to last for a while?
- Canon iPF6300 arrives for review A Canon iPF6300 24" large format printer is delivered for our review. Small enough to fit on the back seat of a car.
- DNG ProfileManager – organising DNG profiles DNG ProfileManager - organising DNG camera profiles. Making DNG profiles is a good way of working round awkward lighting conditions, where the trouble of making a full icc profile is perhaps not merited.
- Spyder3 Print review V3.5 Detailed review of the SpyderPrint package and spectrocolorimeter, using the PrintFIX PRO measuring device to make custom icc printer profiles.
- DxO Optics Pro V6.2 software review Detailed review of DxO Optics Pro version 6.2. Software for processing and optionally correcting camera image files and lens aberrations
- Why do photography review videos and podcasts suck? Video can be a great way of explaining many different things but why do photography review videos and podcasts suck? What goes wrong?
- A visit to IPEX 2010 Looking at some large printers from HP, Canon and others at the IPEX show - Keith visits IPEX 2010... what's new?
- DxO Optics Pro V6.2 update for Mac and PC Short review of DxO optics Pro V6.2, showing improved noise handling and sharpness. Includes allowing more corrections for non supported lenses
- Epson Stylus Pro 3880 review Review of the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer. Desktop printer is 17 inch print width and takes A2 sheets, photo and fine art papers. Colour and black and white printing
- ImageNest RIP review V2 update Review update for the ImageNest RIP Version 2.1 from Blue Cubit (a Multi-Image print layout Tool for any printer with Mac OSX)
- Which side of the paper to print on Some fine art papers look almost the same on each side. How to tell which side to print on if you are unsure
- i1 Xtreme – Update Review Review overview for the i1Xtreme package from X-Rite. System for using the i1Pro for monitor, scanner, camera, projector and printer profiling (RGB & CMYK)
- Photography training directory Photography training directory - professional photographers who offer photography training and courses. Submissions welcome
- Personal training – specialist photography topics Advanced personal one-to-one training for photography and photographic techniques - specialist photography topics available for commercial clients
- Full width printing Epson 3800 and OSX 10.6 Solving full width (17") printing problems with the Epson SP3800 and Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard). tested with Epson Traditional Photo Paper
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog .
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going.
We really do appreciate this - thanks [link for Amazon UK | Amazon US]