All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- How should I go about Colour Management An introduction and overview of colour management. Why it matters if you want to improve the editing and printing of your photographs
- Camera bag review Lowepro Slingshot 202 AW Review of the Lowepro 202 aw camera bag. The slingshot bag rotates from back to front for access without taking bag off your shoulder.
- Will your prints sell Who will buy your photographic prints and does it matter if you like the prints yourself? Why would anyone buy your work.
- Stylus Pro 9890 and Stylus Pro 7890 info The Stylus Pro 9890 and Stylus Pro 7890 replacements for the Epson Stylus Pro 9880 and 7880 - large format printer information and updates.
- Pacific Northwest travels Sept-Oct 2010 Travel diary by Keith Cooper, driving along the Oregon and Washington coast from Seattle and back again. Photos and observations from a car trip in the Fall of 2010
- Viewing images – Monitor Calibration Viewing images on a screen. Why monitor calibration matters, with some simple ways of improving what your monitor shows.
- DxO Optics Pro V6.5 Review Update Improved shadow lighting adjustments (single image HDR) and improved noise reduction feature in an update to DxO Optics Pro (V6.5)
- CMYK – beyond the inkjet print As a photographer with work in books and magazines, it helps to know the basics of large CMYK printing and how it affects the reproduction of your images. A guide for photographers
- CMYK for photographers There is usually no good reason for photographers to work with CMYK images. Article looks at some of the things you need to consider if you need to use CMYK.
- Software update – ImageNest 3 Update note for version 3 of ImageNest - print layout software that uses OEM printer drivers. The ImageNest RIP page layout software is updated to provide improved layout and image nesting options for large printers.
- Vertical lines and movement Some thoughts on how the treatment of vertical lines in an image change the relative sense of motion or stillness in a photograph.
- Keith Cooper and black and white photography Based on a lengthy interview for a magazine article, Keith Cooper talks about his black and white photography, influences and techniques
- Black and white photo printing Keith Cooper is interviewed about his approach to printing his black and white photography. Extended version with additional notes and information from a printed magazine article.
- Datacolor SpyderLensCal review Datacolor SpyderLensCal review. Specialist device for camera focus adjustment and accuracy checking. Tested with a Canon 1Ds3
- BowHaus True Black and White review BowHaus True Black and White review. Black and white specialist printing software for Canon iPF large format printers. Offers full ink control and linearisation.
- JetMaster canvas print display system review Economical mounted canvas prints, for demonstrations, exhibitions where a good looking 'box frame' is required without traditional stretching and mounting.
- Canon iPF6300 review Canon iPF6300 review, testing the imagePROGRAF iPF6300 24 inch large format printer, for colour and black and white fine art printing.
- Camera choices – keeping up to date Camera choices - keeping up to date with a changing market. At what point is what you've got good enough to last for a while?
- Canon iPF6300 arrives for review A Canon iPF6300 24" large format printer is delivered for our review. Small enough to fit on the back seat of a car.
- DNG ProfileManager – organising DNG profiles DNG ProfileManager - organising DNG camera profiles. Making DNG profiles is a good way of working round awkward lighting conditions, where the trouble of making a full icc profile is perhaps not merited.
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks