All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Business challenges for photographers What are the real challenges facing working professional photographers. Keith Cooper looks at a survey from mid 2010 that purports to give some answers.
- 5 big mistakes for a new photo business With it being so easy to set up a professional photography business, there are some key business mistakes to avoid. Remember that it's a business, not a job. Keith discusses 5 big mistakes he makes an effort to avoid
- Paper review: Innova Cold Press Rough Textured Natural White Fine art Paper review of Innova Cold Press Rough Textured Natural White (IFA-13) tested on an Canon iPF8300
- 64bit comes to Image Trends plug-ins Plugins updated as 64 bit working comes to Image Trends plug-ins. ShineOff, PearlyWhites, and Fisheye-Hemi work faster and on the latest systems
- An era passes – the real end of Kodachrome The end of Kodachrome - historically interesting, but of what relevance to today's photographers. Reproduce the effects in software, accept that it was used for some great photos, but time to move on
- Paper review Innova Decor papers Paper review of Innova heavy matte textured double sided Decor papers IFA-24 and IFA-25, tested using the Canon iPF8300.
- iPF8300 Printer diary updates Ongoing testing of the Canon iPF8300 printer - diary updates
- A solution to the CS5 ‘no color management’ problem A solution to the CS5 'no color management' problem. Potential difficulties with printing if you want no colour management. The free Adobe Color Print Utility is made for printing profiling targets with colour management turned off.
- What Camera should I buy Looking at some of the considerations for getting a good quality camera that moves beyond your phone. Getting more serious with your photography
- Datacolor SpyderCheckr colour test card – Review Datacolor have produced a coloured test target and software that aids fine tuning of the colour response of cameras. Camera profiling for RAW files
- Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite review – Version 4 software Detailed review of V4 software for the Spyder 3 Elite monitor and projector display profiling and calibration device and software
- How should I go about Colour Management An introduction and overview of colour management. Why it matters if you want to improve the editing and printing of your photographs
- Camera bag review Lowepro Slingshot 202 AW Review of the Lowepro 202 aw camera bag. The slingshot bag rotates from back to front for access without taking bag off your shoulder.
- Will your prints sell Who will buy your photographic prints and does it matter if you like the prints yourself? Why would anyone buy your work.
- Stylus Pro 9890 and Stylus Pro 7890 info The Stylus Pro 9890 and Stylus Pro 7890 replacements for the Epson Stylus Pro 9880 and 7880 - large format printer information and updates.
- Pacific Northwest travels Sept-Oct 2010 Travel diary by Keith Cooper, driving along the Oregon and Washington coast from Seattle and back again. Photos and observations from a car trip in the Fall of 2010
- Viewing images – Monitor Calibration Viewing images on a screen. Why monitor calibration matters, with some simple ways of improving what your monitor shows.
- DxO Optics Pro V6.5 Review Update Improved shadow lighting adjustments (single image HDR) and improved noise reduction feature in an update to DxO Optics Pro (V6.5)
- CMYK – beyond the inkjet print As a photographer with work in books and magazines, it helps to know the basics of large CMYK printing and how it affects the reproduction of your images. A guide for photographers
- CMYK for photographers There is usually no good reason for photographers to work with CMYK images. Article looks at some of the things you need to consider if you need to use CMYK.
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog .
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all the specialist articles and reviews written by Keith Cooper.
Buying anything from Amazon (not just what's listed) via any of the links below helps Keith and Karen keep the site going - thanks if you do! [Amazon UK]