All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
- Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer setup Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer setup guide. Initial setup and attachment for the SU21 X-Rite spectro on the 24" large format printer.
- Epson Stylus Photo R2000 review Epson Stylus Photo R2000 full review, using the SP R2000 A3+ printer for colour and black and white printing, with custom ICC profiles. 13 inch print width and roll media support
- Review – Kuuvik Capture beta preview Kuuvik Capture software review. Software for tethering Canon cameras directly to Apple Mac computers for direct camera control
- Canon TS-E 24mm 3.5L II Information about the Canon TS-E 24mm 3.5L II tilt shift lens. Sample images and testing with a Canon 1Ds mk3 and 5Ds
- Canon Pixma PRO-10 printer review Detailed Canon Pixma PRO-10 printer review, looking at colour and black and white pigment ink based printing a range of paper types up to A3 plus size (13" width)
- PPL TSE-Adapter – lens shift review The PPL TSE Adapter attaches Canon TS-E shift lenses directly to a tripod mount. This lets you shift the camera not the lens, eliminating parallax errors
- PermaJet Titanium Lustre – paper review Paper review of PermaJet Titanium Lustre paper. Metallic finish photo paper gives a distinctive reflection of light to paper surface. 280 gsm
- I am not a ‘Canon Man’ Does your choice of camera say anything about you as a photographer? Does it reflect pragmatic needs or have you been labelled by the dead hand of marketing?
- Reducing halos with Silver Efex Pro 2 Ways of using colour to black and white conversion software such as Nik Silver Efex Pro that do not produce unwanted halo effects around objects. Ensuring that trees don't make the sky lighter for example
- Making a black and white photograph The whole process of making a large black and white photograph, right from stopping to take the photo, through to final fine-art printmaking.
- Book Review The Digital Zone System by R Fisher Book Review: The Digital Zone System: Taking Control from Capture to Print by by Robert Fisher. Applying the zone system to digital photography
- Whither rumours? Why Northlight Images still has our camera and lens rumour pages... even if a lot of the stuff is simply wrong or guesswork
- Autopano Giga 3 review update Review of Autopano Giga from Kolor. Version 3 update is faster, adds additional functionality for stitching images and the projection geometry used for output.
- ImageNest RIP review V3.5 update Review of the ImageNest RIP by Bluecubit. Version 3.5 expands BPC, sharpening and colour management for a wide range of printers
- Camera AF Microadjustment Checking for front or back focus with camera AF. Fine-tuning camera autofocus setup. AF Microadjustment without special tools or the need to spend any money.
- X-Rite i1Profiler Scanner profiling X-Rite i1Profiler V1.4 adds scanner profiling to i1 Profiler software. Works with transparency and reflective scanners to create accurate ICC profiles to improve colour accuracy
- Diminishing returns – the new photo equipment question How much better is new photographic equipment compared to the previous version. Have big jumps in performance gone for ever? New reviews are getting more difficult.
- Review of Nik HDR Efex Pro V2 Nik HDR Efex Pro 2 review. Software to combine photographs to create high dynamic range images. Part of the Google Nik collection
- Review of Nik Dfine V2 Review of Nik Dfine version 2. Plugin for removing noise from image files. Allows for different reduction for parts of image. Part of Google Nik Collection
- Testing add-on tele and wide angle convertor lenses Trying out a range of tele and wide angle converter attachments for the front of lenses. Converters increase or decrease the focal length of a lens. Quality differs widely, but the effects can be interesting
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks