All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
- NEC SpectraView Reference 272 monitor review Review of the NEC SpectraView Reference 272 monitor. High specification 27 inch LCD monitor with hardware calibration options
- Review Samyang-Rokinon 14mm f2-8 Review of the Samyang/Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC wide angle lens. EF mount version tested on a 21MP Canon 1Ds mk3 full frame camera. Other lens mounts supported.
- Changing the Canon iPF8300 MC-08 maintenance cartridge Changing the maintenance cartridge (waste ink tank) on large format Canon iPF printers. Example shows MC-08 cartridge on an iPF8300 44" printer
- Review of Topaz Detail plugin Topaz Detail. Review of image editing plugin from Topaz Labs for adjustment of sharpness, local contrast enhancement and image tonality.
- Balancing lighting with the Spydercube The Spydercube is a quick way to set white balance for product photography. I've been testing the Samyang 14mm f2.8 ultrawide lens recently and used it for a quick pack shot.
- Review of Topaz Simplify 4 Simplify V4. Topaz image editing plugin for extracting and adjusting detail and structural elements of images. Range of preset settings and adjustments
- Review of Topaz BW Effects 2 plugin BW Effects, review of Topaz Labs image editing plugin for converting colour photographs to black and white. Control over tonality and film emulation
- Using a shift lens – why not just fix verticals in software Using a shift lens to correct image geometry, such as converging verticals, seems like a lot of expense. Why it's better than doing it in software
- Review Samyang 24mm tilt shift lens A review of the Samyang/Rokinon 24mm f/3.5 ED AS UMC Tilt-Shift Lens, tested on an EF mount Canon 1Ds mk3. Other mounts available.
- Use a survey tripod for the GigaPan Epic Pro Making use of a survey tripod and tribrach with thread size adapters to level and mount a GigaPan Epic Pro. Very solid and easy to set up and accurately level for GigaPan photos
- So, why are -you- taking photos these days What challenges are there for photographers in the digital age. Some of the technical and inspirational difficulties for photographers at all levels, and what you might want to do about them.
- Review of Focus Magic 64 bit Review of the updated 64 bit version of Focus Magic plugin for precise removal of image shake and focus blur. Much increased speed over earlier versions
- Review – Template Sherpa photo layout software Print layout software from BlueCubit. Set up print templates to hold images from different sources. Scaling and album page layout. Mix CMYK and RGB
- Using Silver Efex Pro for colour prints Using software to create monochrome images that are blended with colour images using luminosity blending to give more punch to dull photos
- Canon iPF6450/iPF6400 printer reviews Overview of Keith Cooper's reviews of the Canon iPF 6450 printer, along with tests of specific paper types. Also includes printer setup and the optional spectrophotometer unit
- Canon iPF6400 – 6450 printer review Detailed review of the imagePROGRAF iPF6450 (ipF6400) 24 inch large format printer. Colour management and print setup for colour and black and white
- Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer use Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer use, including basic testing of printing and measuring patches with the SU-21 using the supplied Canon software.
- Hahnemuhle Albrecht Durer paper review Review of Hahnemuhle Albrecht Durer textured watercolour paper. Bight white, OBA free 210gsm mould made textured art paper
- Innova Decor papers review Review of Innova IFA23 Decor watercolour paper. Textured rough surface paper is 245gsm weight and has a bright white finish
- Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Bright White paper review Review of the 310 gsm Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Bright White paper. 100% cotton based paper with smooth surface and moderate OBA content.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)