All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Supporting the site…
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- GigaPan Epic Pro Initial setup battery charging and testing of the Gigapan Epic Pro camera mount with the Manfrotto 338 levelling tripod head.
- Michael Westmoreland at the LPPG Some of Michael Westmoreland's panoramic prints on show at the LPPG in Leicester. Celebrating the 80th birthday of a panoramic photography pioneer.
- When your prints are too dark Overview of the causes of prints of your photos coming out of your printer looking too dark. Discusses workarounds and more detailed fixes for the problem
- Canon 5D mk2 Infrared conversion Using an Infrared (IR) modified DSLR camera for digital infrared photography. Looking at exposure and lens choices, along with image processing options. Testing an IR modified Canon EOS 5D mk2 - it it just about luminous trees
- Review of Tiffen Dfx3 Tiffen Dfx3 provides a wide range of filter and image adjustment options for photoshop, Lightroom, Elements and Aperture
- Epson Stylus Pro SP4900 review Review of the Stylus Pro SP4900 11 colour 17 inch (A2) printer from Epson. Setup and printing. Includes fitting and use of the optional Spectroproofer unit.
- Close up macro – the Canon MP-E65 lens A short review of Canon's specialist macro lens the MP-E65. Offering up to x5 magnification. Tested on a Canon 1Ds mk3 full frame camera
- Review of Nik Color Efex Pro V4 Detailed review of Nik creative filters for Photoshop / Aperture / Lightroom - version 4. Multiple filters and preset image editing options
- 3×3 quick tips for improving your black and white photography A collection of quick tips that can help improve the quality of your black and white photography. Simple steps to better monochrome pictures
- Digital’s Analogue – Expose to the right and exposure Guest article by Robert Fisher exploring some of the similarities between the Zone System, HDR techniques and the digital exposure guide known as ETTR or 'expose to the right'
- Sea of steps A chance to see how a modern ultra wide shift lens performs on a familiar view of Wells Cathedral. Sea of steps - photography inspired by the work of FH Evans in 1903
- When passion -does- make a difference Why a passion for your photography will help your business if used the right way. It's never enough on its own, but used wisely it can work wonders.
- Leicestershire images – LPPG opening An exhibition of eight of Keith's large prints are on show as part of the opening exhibition at: Leicester People's Photography gallery, housed in the old central library, Belvoir St., Leicester.
- The photographer in the orange hat How do you make your photography business stand out from the crowd. It's always best to consider what ways are actually of benefit to the business and making a profit
- Preparations for Leicester Peoples’ Photography Gallery Getting ready to show some photos at an exhibition. Preparations for Leicester Peoples' Photography Gallery
- Epson Stylus Photo R3000 review Detailed Epson Stylus Photo R3000 review. Using the SP R3000 A3+ printer for colour and black and white photo printing
- Photographing tiny things Photographing small electronic components with a macrophotography setup. TS-E90mm lens and extension tubes
- Is your photo business any good? Are there too many professional photographers for the size of the market today? Why analysing at your own business directions and performance is vital if you are going to carry on working in photography. The tide is coming in and the beach is looking crowded...
- The Romanesco Whilst spending some time photographing industrial products, Keith stops, to photograph a Romanesco or Roman cauliflower.
- Canon EF 8-15mm f4 L USM review Detailed review of the EF 8-15mm f/4 L USM fisheye zoom lens from Canon. Tested on a full frame DSLR, including a look at software corrections to expand the utility of the lens.
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks