All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Sea of steps A chance to see how a modern ultra wide shift lens performs on a familiar view of Wells Cathedral. Sea of steps - photography inspired by the work of FH Evans in 1903
- When passion -does- make a difference Why a passion for your photography will help your business if used the right way. It's never enough on its own, but used wisely it can work wonders.
- Leicestershire images – LPPG opening An exhibition of eight of Keith's large prints are on show as part of the opening exhibition at: Leicester People's Photography gallery, housed in the old central library, Belvoir St., Leicester.
- The photographer in the orange hat How do you make your photography business stand out from the crowd. It's always best to consider what ways are actually of benefit to the business and making a profit
- Preparations for Leicester Peoples’ Photography Gallery Getting ready to show some photos at an exhibition. Preparations for Leicester Peoples' Photography Gallery
- Epson Stylus Photo R3000 review Detailed Epson Stylus Photo R3000 review. Using the SP R3000 A3+ printer for colour and black and white photo printing
- Photographing tiny things Photographing small electronic components with a macrophotography setup. TS-E90mm lens and extension tubes
- Is your photo business any good? Are there too many professional photographers for the size of the market today? Why analysing at your own business directions and performance is vital if you are going to carry on working in photography. The tide is coming in and the beach is looking crowded...
- The Romanesco Whilst spending some time photographing industrial products, Keith stops, to photograph a Romanesco or Roman cauliflower.
- Canon EF 8-15mm f4 L USM review Detailed review of the EF 8-15mm f/4 L USM fisheye zoom lens from Canon. Tested on a full frame DSLR, including a look at software corrections to expand the utility of the lens.
- New photography gallery to open in Leicester A new photography gallery space is opening in Leicester at the old library in Belvoir Street. The Leicester Peoples Photography Gallery
- So, you’re thinking of becoming a photographer some time? So, you're sharing photos in Flickr / 500px / instagram and you're toying with the idea of taking up photography for a living some time. What sort of things should you start doing now, just in case.
- X-Rite ColorMunki Display review Detailed review of the X-Rite ColorMunki Display and software for calibrating and profiling monitors and projectors. Includes ambient light measurement function
- Apple Lion 10.7 – not for the time being thanks Assorted incompatibility issues for Apple's new OSX 10.7 Lion if moving from 10.6
- Book Review B&W printing by George DeWolfe Keith Cooper reviews B&W printing by George DeWolfe - part of the Digital masters series. A 'guide to producing exhibition quality black and white prints'
- Book Review On Being a Photographer Keith Cooper reviews the book 'On Being a Photographer: A Practical Guide' by Bill Jay and David Hurn ISBN-13: 978-1888803068
- Photography – I could do that… So, you want to be a professional photographer? It takes rather more than a few ideas and people telling you that your photos are really good. There is lots of help and advice out there. Most people never act on their good ideas ...will you?
- When Hyperfocal focusing is no good Why hyperfocal focusing often fails to give the depth of field that some suggest. A much simpler method that can be of more general use
- Make your own macro lenses Using old lenses and equipment with modern digital cameras to make a high magnification macro lens. Reversing a lens and making a mount for it. Macro photography without the expense of buying a specialist macro lens
- X-Rite i1Display Pro review i1Display pro review. X-Rite calibrator for monitor and projector profiling, with ambient light measurement. Works with i1profiler software package
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks