All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- All about using tilt and shift
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- BenQ SW2700PT monitor reviewReview of the BenQ SW2700PT monitor. 27 inch 2560x1440 IPS LCD monitor with 99% Adobe98 gamut and hardware calibration and hood.
- Topaz ReMask V5 ReviewImage editing plugin that speeds up masking and the creation of cutout images. ReMask V5 adds background replacement and a performance boost, as a plugin or standalone app
- Review – Kuuvik Capture V2Kuuvic Capture review covers improvements and changes found in version 2 of the camera tethering software. Tested with a 50MP Canon 5Ds DSLR
- Review – Noiseless ProNoiseless Pro plugin and app from MacPhun. Mac software (version 1) gives fine control over the removal of noise from digital images
- Canon TS-E17mm f4LInformation, sample images and review details for the Canon TS-E17mm f4L tilt-shift lens. Tested on a Canon 1Ds mk3 and in 2015 a 50MP 5Ds
- Canon 5Ds is fine with old lensesDespite worries that many more megapixels might mean old lenses needed replacing, some tests with a 5Ds show that it benefits all lenses. A rising tide floats all boats
- Canon 5Ds print performanceEvaluating the Canon 5Ds in terms of real world print performance with a great lens, specifically comparing prints taken with the 11MP EOS 1Ds and 21MP EOS 1Ds mk3. Prints edited and optimised for each camera at a range of sizes
- Review update Piccure+ V2.5Update to Piccure+ software. V2.5. Software speed improved along with image correction features such as blur reduction and chromatic aberration
- Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III impressionsInitial thoughts and longer term view of using the Canon EOS 1Ds mark 3 DSLR. First used in November 2007, it was Keith Cooper's main camera until May 2015
- Taxis and your photo businessHow business models change, and your need to adapt. Why a ride sharing taxi application could signify big changes in photography or maybe it won't. Think about it now, or risk an unwanted surprise later.
- Hama Daytour 180 camera bag reviewCamera back pack review. Hama Daytour 180 is a soft rucksack style camera bag that is well padded with many internal pockets and a rain cover
- Datacolor Spyder5Elite reviewReview of the Spyder5Elite monitor calibrator and profiling software. Datacolor Spyder5 supports multiple monitors, and projector calibration. Custom settings allow for more flexibility in selecting optimal calibration and profiling.
- Epson SureColor SC-P800 printer reviewDetailed review of the Epson SureColor P800 printer. A2 sheet paper (17" width) and roll paper support. Tested with a variety of paper types, colour and B&W
- Review update – Tonality Pro v1.2Review update - Tonality Pro 1.2 Improved functionality and performance for MacPhun's specialist image editing plugin and app for B&W photography
- Review of Piccure+ softwareSoftware to sharpen image detail lost through lens softness. Also corrects chromatic aberration, noise and small amounts of camera shake.
- Canon EF 11-24mm f4L reviewDetailed review and testing of the Canon EF11-24 f4L ultra-wide zoom lens. Tested on a full frame Canon 1Ds3 Mk3. Also compared with other wide angle lenses.
- Review – Topaz ReStyleReview of the image editing plugin Restyle from Topaz Labs. Image alterations are based on palettes of selected colour and tone
- BenQ PG2401PT monitor reviewReview of BenQ PG2401PT, a wide gamut LCD monitor that comes with a version of X-Rite's i1Profiler software for calibration and profiling
- Three Olmec Photo papers – reviewPaper review. Three different Olmec photo paper types, including pearl and metallic finishes. Papers profiled and tested for the Epson P600
- Multiple Scans of Black and White film comparedAfter reviewing the Epson Perfection V850 film scanner, Keith Cooper looks at the same piece of film scanned in several different scanners, including drum scanning
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our occasional (ad-free) Newsletter
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
For All about using tilt and shift - articles/reviews about tilt/shift lenses
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)