All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
- Why you must sharpen images An awful lot of uninformed comment about the need for and desirability of image sharpening clutters up forums. Myths and misunderstanding spread far and wide, and the temptation to ignore image sharpening, because it's contentious, is easy to understand.
- Eizo ColorEdge CX 240 monitor review Review of the Eizo CX240 24 inch monitor. Wide gamut display tested with ColorNavigator software and a range of measuring devices. Includes built in calibration check
- On site product product photography setup Basic colour management and photography options for photographing large numbers of products out of the studio. Efficient setup reduces the processing needed
- Review of Topaz Clarity Review of Clarity the Topaz labs image editing plugin. Clarity aims to boost global and local contrast and colour without halos and other artefacts
- Review of Topaz Adjust V5 Topaz Adjust Version 5 review. Image editing plugin covers a wide range of image editing functions, including exposure, colour and types of sharpening
- iPrint Pure 3D film – media review Review of iPrint Pure 3D film. Transparent 500 micron printable film with apparent 'bubblewrap' embossed holographic texture. Tested in a Canon iPF8300 printer
- Canon iPF6450-6400 setup and assembly Assembly and setup guide for the Canon imagePROGRAF 6400 and 6450 printer. Unpacking, and installation of PF05 printheads and ink
- Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer setup Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer setup guide. Initial setup and attachment for the SU21 X-Rite spectro on the 24" large format printer.
- Epson Stylus Photo R2000 review Epson Stylus Photo R2000 full review, using the SP R2000 A3+ printer for colour and black and white printing, with custom ICC profiles. 13 inch print width and roll media support
- Review – Kuuvik Capture beta preview Kuuvik Capture software review. Software for tethering Canon cameras directly to Apple Mac computers for direct camera control
- Canon TS-E 24mm 3.5L II Information about the Canon TS-E 24mm 3.5L II tilt shift lens. Sample images and testing with a Canon 1Ds mk3 and 5Ds
- Canon Pixma PRO-10 printer review Detailed Canon Pixma PRO-10 printer review, looking at colour and black and white pigment ink based printing a range of paper types up to A3 plus size (13" width)
- PPL TSE-Adapter – lens shift review The PPL TSE Adapter attaches Canon TS-E shift lenses directly to a tripod mount. This lets you shift the camera not the lens, eliminating parallax errors
- PermaJet Titanium Lustre – paper review Paper review of PermaJet Titanium Lustre paper. Metallic finish photo paper gives a distinctive reflection of light to paper surface. 280 gsm
- I am not a ‘Canon Man’ Does your choice of camera say anything about you as a photographer? Does it reflect pragmatic needs or have you been labelled by the dead hand of marketing?
- Reducing halos with Silver Efex Pro 2 Ways of using colour to black and white conversion software such as Nik Silver Efex Pro that do not produce unwanted halo effects around objects. Ensuring that trees don't make the sky lighter for example
- Making a black and white photograph The whole process of making a large black and white photograph, right from stopping to take the photo, through to final fine-art printmaking.
- Book Review The Digital Zone System by R Fisher Book Review: The Digital Zone System: Taking Control from Capture to Print by by Robert Fisher. Applying the zone system to digital photography
- Whither rumours? Why Northlight Images still has our camera and lens rumour pages... even if a lot of the stuff is simply wrong or guesswork
- Autopano Giga 3 review update Review of Autopano Giga from Kolor. Version 3 update is faster, adds additional functionality for stitching images and the projection geometry used for output.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks