All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
- MPB camera shoulder bag review Lightweight (400gm) camera shoulder bag from MPB. A smaller bag for when you don't need to take every last bit of kit you own with you.
- Making a living from professional photography Keith Cooper has now run Northlight Images for over ten years as a professional photographer. What makes the business work? and how do you need to approach it in order for it to be far more than a paid hobby.
- MPB Harrier Tripod review Review of the Harrier model carbon fibre tripod from MPB. One leg can double as monopod. Max load: 13kg. Weight: 1.0kg. Height: 1460mm. Folded: 430mm
- HP ENVY 5540 printer review Review of the All-in-one HP Envy 5540 4-colour (CMYK) inkjet printer. A4 print size with double sided (duplex) printing and 6x4 borderless photo printing
- MPB Falcon Monopod review Review of the lightweight MPB carbon fibre monopod. The 'Falcon' model weighs only 350gm, extends to 150cm (42 cm min) and supports up to 5kg of kit. 3/8" and 1/4" fittings
- Review – Aurora HDR Macphun Aurora HDR. Software plugin and standalone app for building high dynamic range (HDR) images from one or more photos
- Topaz Texture Effects Review Review of the Texture Effects image editing plugin from Topaz Labs. You can add textured, toned, and lighting effects to images and share preset collections
- BenQ SW2700PT monitor review Review of the BenQ SW2700PT monitor. 27 inch 2560x1440 IPS LCD monitor with 99% Adobe98 gamut and hardware calibration and hood.
- Topaz ReMask V5 Review Image editing plugin that speeds up masking and the creation of cutout images. ReMask V5 adds background replacement and a performance boost, as a plugin or standalone app
- Review – Kuuvik Capture V2 Kuuvic Capture review covers improvements and changes found in version 2 of the camera tethering software. Tested with a 50MP Canon 5Ds DSLR
- Review – Noiseless Pro Noiseless Pro plugin and app from MacPhun. Mac software (version 1) gives fine control over the removal of noise from digital images
- Canon TS-E17mm f4L Information, sample images and review details for the Canon TS-E17mm f4L tilt-shift lens. Tested on a Canon 1Ds mk3 and in 2015 a 50MP 5Ds
- Canon 5Ds is fine with old lenses Despite worries that many more megapixels might mean old lenses needed replacing, some tests with a 5Ds show that it benefits all lenses. A rising tide floats all boats
- Canon 5Ds print performance Evaluating the Canon 5Ds in terms of real world print performance with a great lens, specifically comparing prints taken with the 11MP EOS 1Ds and 21MP EOS 1Ds mk3. Prints edited and optimised for each camera at a range of sizes
- Review update Piccure+ V2.5 Update to Piccure+ software. V2.5. Software speed improved along with image correction features such as blur reduction and chromatic aberration
- Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III impressions Initial thoughts and longer term view of using the Canon EOS 1Ds mark 3 DSLR. First used in November 2007, it was Keith Cooper's main camera until May 2015
- Taxis and your photo business How business models change, and your need to adapt. Why a ride sharing taxi application could signify big changes in photography or maybe it won't. Think about it now, or risk an unwanted surprise later.
- Hama Daytour 180 camera bag review Camera back pack review. Hama Daytour 180 is a soft rucksack style camera bag that is well padded with many internal pockets and a rain cover
- Datacolor Spyder5Elite review Review of the Spyder5Elite monitor calibrator and profiling software. Datacolor Spyder5 supports multiple monitors, and projector calibration. Custom settings allow for more flexibility in selecting optimal calibration and profiling.
- Epson SureColor SC-P800 printer review Detailed review of the Epson SureColor P800 printer. A2 sheet paper (17" width) and roll paper support. Tested with a variety of paper types, colour and B&W
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)