All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Review of Topaz Simplify 4 Simplify V4. Topaz image editing plugin for extracting and adjusting detail and structural elements of images. Range of preset settings and adjustments
- Review of Topaz BW Effects 2 plugin BW Effects, review of Topaz Labs image editing plugin for converting colour photographs to black and white. Control over tonality and film emulation
- Using a shift lens – why not just fix verticals in software Using a shift lens to correct image geometry, such as converging verticals, seems like a lot of expense. Why it's better than doing it in software
- Review Samyang 24mm tilt shift lens A review of the Samyang/Rokinon 24mm f/3.5 ED AS UMC Tilt-Shift Lens, tested on an EF mount Canon 1Ds mk3. Other mounts available.
- Use a survey tripod for the GigaPan Epic Pro Making use of a survey tripod and tribrach with thread size adapters to level and mount a GigaPan Epic Pro. Very solid and easy to set up and accurately level for GigaPan photos
- So, why are -you- taking photos these days What challenges are there for photographers in the digital age. Some of the technical and inspirational difficulties for photographers at all levels, and what you might want to do about them.
- Review of Focus Magic 64 bit Review of the updated 64 bit version of Focus Magic plugin for precise removal of image shake and focus blur. Much increased speed over earlier versions
- Review – Template Sherpa photo layout software Print layout software from BlueCubit. Set up print templates to hold images from different sources. Scaling and album page layout. Mix CMYK and RGB
- Using Silver Efex Pro for colour prints Using software to create monochrome images that are blended with colour images using luminosity blending to give more punch to dull photos
- Canon iPF6450/iPF6400 printer reviews Overview of Keith Cooper's reviews of the Canon iPF 6450 printer, along with tests of specific paper types. Also includes printer setup and the optional spectrophotometer unit
- Canon iPF6400 – 6450 printer review Detailed review of the imagePROGRAF iPF6450 (ipF6400) 24 inch large format printer. Colour management and print setup for colour and black and white
- Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer use Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer use, including basic testing of printing and measuring patches with the SU-21 using the supplied Canon software.
- Hahnemuhle Albrecht Durer paper review Review of Hahnemuhle Albrecht Durer textured watercolour paper. Bight white, OBA free 210gsm mould made textured art paper
- Innova Decor papers review Review of Innova IFA23 Decor watercolour paper. Textured rough surface paper is 245gsm weight and has a bright white finish
- Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Bright White paper review Review of the 310 gsm Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Bright White paper. 100% cotton based paper with smooth surface and moderate OBA content.
- Innova FibaPrint Matte 280gsm IFA 39 paper review Review of the IFA39 FibaPrint Matte paper from Innova. Smooth surface finish with minimal OBA content. 280gsm weight. Tested on Canon iPF6450.
- Why you must sharpen images An awful lot of uninformed comment about the need for and desirability of image sharpening clutters up forums. Myths and misunderstanding spread far and wide, and the temptation to ignore image sharpening, because it's contentious, is easy to understand.
- Eizo ColorEdge CX 240 monitor review Review of the Eizo CX240 24 inch monitor. Wide gamut display tested with ColorNavigator software and a range of measuring devices. Includes built in calibration check
- On site product product photography setup Basic colour management and photography options for photographing large numbers of products out of the studio. Efficient setup reduces the processing needed
- Review of Topaz Clarity Review of Clarity the Topaz labs image editing plugin. Clarity aims to boost global and local contrast and colour without halos and other artefacts
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks