Luminar 2018 update
Luminar 1.0.1 update
Updates for Mac and Windows versions
Luminar 2018 is being updated at quite a rate – there is an asset management (DAM) add-on due next year.
In the mean time, you can update from within the application.
Keith has recently produced Luminar set of his ‘City Light’ presets, based on the ones created for Tonality.
If you’ve not tried Luminar, Keith has been looking at its recent progress with several reviews that give a good feel for how it works and where it’s going. [Luminar 2018 review]
Luminar 2018 changes
Buying Software from Skylum
We have a code northlightimages10 - that will usually get you a $10 discount
Aurora HDR - (review) | Tonality Pro (review)
Intensify Pro (review) | Noiseless Pro (review)
Snapheal CK (review)
Tonality Pro 'City Light' - article and free presets made by Keith for Architectural B&W
If you buy the software via a link on our site, then we receive a small commission, which helps in the running of the site. We have no commercial connection with Macphun, and believe strongly that readers should be aware how we run the site.
Luminar 2018 version 1.0.1 for MAC:
- Fixed crash on saving to .PSD format
- Fixed bug when Adobe Photoshop Elements is unavailable.
- Fixed bug with Luminosity Mask preview on filter
- Fixed “Image Cannot be saved” issue with Adobe Lightroom
- Fixed RAW Develop\Develop issue when converting Panasonic files
- Added support for more Adobe Photoshop plugins, including Topaz Labs plugins
- Improved RAW processing on opening file
- Improved Windows preset preview
- Improved accuracy of the filter collapse/expand triangle control
- Improved application and Batch processing UI
- Fixed RAW Develop/Develop issue with DNG files
- Plus other performance improvements and fixes to the reported issues.
Luminar 2018 version 1.0.1 for Windows:
- Luminosity Mask
- Image Resize & Sharpen on Export
- Improved Hotkeys support
- Improved RAW opening & processing
- RAW support for more cameras, including Nikon D850
- Fixed bug when launching Photoshop with a blank image
- PLUS; Improved performance and fixes for a number of reported bugs, including the fixed issue with LowRes image preview on layers with masks; Fixed progress bar for opening images.
More details at Macphun/Skylum
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our occasional (ad-free) Newsletter
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
For All about using tilt and shift - articles/reviews about tilt/shift lenses
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)