Large prints – The Photography Show 2017
When you move to making larger prints
Followup articles related to Keith Cooper’s presentations at ‘The Photography Show’
Keith Cooper gave a series of presentations at ‘The Photography Show’ at the NEC in Birmingham this year (18-21 March 2017)
Talks covered all the things you need to consider when looking at larger printers for making prints of your photographs. How much does it depend on the right camera and lens, and what changes do you have to make to your editing workflow.
Whilst you can show large prints and discuss different aspects of print making in a short presentation, it’s not the place for long detailed tutorials and examples. This article links to articles that explore and expand on aspects of printmaking, discussed in Keith’s talks, in a lot more detail.
If you’ve questions, please do use the comments for the articles, or email Keith at Northlight.
There is a video of one of Keith’s talks made by Innova – the sound is not great, but it’s 25 minutes long. All of the prints and articles discussed in the video are covered in the links below.
Articles related to Keith’s talks at the show
All Keith’s articles (many hundreds of them…) are listed by category in the drop down list at the right.
- Making a 3m x 2m print from an 11MP image – includes a close look at sharpening at different stages of editing.
- The harbour at Staithes
- Making a 14m metre print
- AutoPano Giga – easy to use image stitching software.
- Nik Sharpener – old but still very useful.
- QTR correction profiles – linearise B&W output. As discussed in almost all of my printer reviews
Pixels and Print size
- Comparing cameras through making prints – how much difference does going from 11MP to 50MP really make
Detailed printer reviews
- Canon PRO-1000 printer review
- Epson SureColor SC-P800 printer review
- Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 printer review – also for PRO4000 and PRO-6000
- Epson SureColor P7000 printer review – also for SC-P9000
The business side of photography
- Will it sell – who buys your print?
- Will they sell – moving beyond a few sales
- Selling local prints – what will sell?
Important questions for the large format printer buyer
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks