What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- Three new Tamron lenses announced Tamron have announced three new lenses, due mid 2019. Two Nikon/canon mount SP 35mm F1.4, 35-150mm F2.8-4 and E-mount 17-28mm F2.8 III
- Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 S Nikkor Z 24-70mm F2.8 S lens announced for the Nikon Z mirrorless camera system. 17 elements, 15 groups Due April 2019
- Canon EOS RP Announced The Canon EOS RP 26MP full frame mirrorless camera has been announced. Much smaller than any previous Canon full frame camera, available March 2019
- Datacolor Spyder X announced Datacolor have announced their latest Spyder X monitor and projector calibration system, the Spyder X. Improved speed and profiling accuracy are claimed
- Irix Edge light pollution filters Irix have announced their new Edge light pollution filters. These cut light at the specific yellow colour associated with low pressure sodium lighting, which is widely used in street lighting.
–More News– further down the page
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it. If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it.
If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
- K&F Square 100mm ND1000 filter review Review: Testing the K&F 100mm square filter holder and 100mm ND1000 10 stop neutral density filter for longer exposures. Comes with adapters for lens filter sizes from 52mm to 82mm
- Rogeti TSE Frame feature update Rogeti have improved diagonal shift support for the TSE Frame lens mount - The lens mount for the Canon TS-E17mm and TS-E24mm mk2. lenses lets you attach the lens to a tripod and shift the camera, to reduce parallax errors when stitching.
- Luminar V3 update Skylum have announced the V3.0.2 update for Luminar V3. It adds support for additional cameras and adds numerous feature enhancements
- Keith Cooper photography interview Video: Keith Cooper was recently interviewed by BenQ about his photography, equipment (including monitors) and approach to running a photography business (21 mins)
- Spyder X Elite monitor calibrator review Review of the Spyder X Elite monitor profiling and calibration system from Datacolor. Fully configurable screen calibration and display analysis
- Printing low megapixel images at large size Printing low megapixel images at large size, looking at resizing and image editing techniques that let you make larger prints than you thought possible. Getting good prints at A2 and 17" x 25" sizes
- Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper review Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper review. Smooth unglazed gloss surface 300gsm natural white paper. Making large exhibition quality prints
- Topaz JPEG to RAW AI review Topaz JPEG to RAW AI software converts JPEG image files into RAW (DNG) or TIFF images. Expands bit depth and colour space
- Topaz AI Gigapixel update Topaz AI Gigapixel updated to V3 - Image resizing software resamples and resizes photos. Update improves performance and features clearer user interface.
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- Micron kills off Lexar brand A Micron announcement looks to kill off the Lexar brand and cards and associated hardware. The Flash memory maker announces that it intends to drop the entire Lexar business line, but is open to offers...
- Luminar Neptune review update Luminar Neptune review update - The MacPhun Image editor version 1.2 adds new features, operating modes and overall performance. Follows on from Keith's full review
- BenQ monitor competition – trip to Venice Win a photographic trip to Venice courtesy of BenQ (European residents only) Celebrating the BenQ range of monitors
- Google calls time on the Nik plugins Google has announced that the Nik collection of image editing plugins will no longer be updated or extended
- Topaz Studio image editor Topaz Studio image editor and plugin that also works stand alone and integrates Topaz plugins. Free and paid versions available
- Laowa GFX lens format converter The Laowa Magic Format Converter (MFC) expands the image circle of Canon EF and Nikon F lenses to cover the larger image circle of the Fuji GFX-50 MF camera
- Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM announced New Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM announced - lens with built in LED lighting system, hybrid image stabilisation and quiet STM focus drive
- Irix 11mm f4 lens details announced Irix announce details of their new 11mm f/4 ultra wide angle lens. Available in two different body version 'Firefly' and 'Blackstone' Due to be shown at 'The Photography Show' in the UK in March
- Laowa lens products at the CP Plus show The CP+ show is running in Japan, and amongst the products on display are a range of new lenses from Laowa (Venus lens). A 25mm 2.5-5x macro, 15/2.8 Sony FE, 24mm relay lens, tilt and shift converters and a 7.5mm f2 MFT lens.
- New Canon large format Mac-Win printer software New software and drivers released for Canon large format printers which also fixes MacOS 10.12 colour management issues. Supports x400 series and x300 series printers and iPF5100
- MacPhun Aurora HDR offers Macphun Aurora HDR creation software and training resources - special offer until Apr 1st 2017 Aurora + Trey Ratcliff's HDR Tutorial 3.0 for $89. Just remember: HDR does not need to be tawdry to be a useful tool!
- New Sigma lenses due at CP+ Sigma announce four new lenses for the forthcoming CP+ show in Japan. New 14mm F1.8 | 135mm F1.8 | 24-70mm F2.8 expand their top end 'Art' range, with a 100-400mm F5-6.3 lens in the 'Contemporary' set.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks