What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Sigma announces the SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM ultra wide angle zoom lens in its Art category. Available in Sigma, Canon EF and Nikon mounts
- Tamron 70-210mm F4 Di VC USD announced A new Tamron 70-210mm F4 Di VC USD (Model A034) zoom lens has been announced. For FF Canon and Nikon mounts. Image stabilisation to 5 stops
- Pentax K-1 Mark II announced Pentax have announced the K-1 Mark II. The 36MP full frame DSLR goes to ISO 819,200 and improved pixel shift multishot capability
- Samyang XP 50mm f1.2 lens Samyang XP 50mm f1.2 lens announcement Manual focus, for Canon EF mount. High resolution for 50MP+ and 8k video. 9 blade aperture
- Some benefits of Colour Management Datacolor survey with Leica forum users looks at the benefits of a colour managed workflow for photographers. Screen and print colour management
–More News– further down the page
Buying anything via our links costs you no more, but helps expand the site. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way? Visit the Deals & Offers page to see new stuff If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
Buying anything via our links costs you no more, but helps expand the site. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way?
Visit the Deals & Offers page to see new stuff
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
Latest articles and reviews
Article Index page – For all of Keith Cooper’s hundreds of photography and printing articles/reviews
- Repairing an Epson P5000 printer Repairing an Epson P5000 17" A2 printer after a head strike - just how much damage can a small object cause. Head and capping station replacement
- i1Studio update 1.1 X-rite update i1Studio to version 1.1. Includes ability to save measurements from multiple charts when creating printer icc profiles (V2 and V4 supported)
- KF150 TTL Flash Macro Ring Lite review Review of the KF-150 TTL Flash Macro Ring Lite by K&F Concept. Multi flash mode Canon compatible with LED modelling light and independently adjustable flash units. Nikon version available.
- Kaiser KR90 LED ring light review Kaiser KR90 LED ring light review. 30 white 3 chip LEDs in a dimmable circular cordless ringlight. Internal li-ion battery, charger and 12V car adapter
- K&F ND1000 filter review Review from testing the K&F Concept ND1000 10 stop neutral density filter for longer exposures. 82mm low profile glass lens filter
- Rogeti TSE frame review Review of the Rogeti TSE frame - lens mount for Canon TS-E 17mm and 24mm tilt/shift lenses. Attaches lens directly to a tripod for parallax free image stitching. Accurate image stitching for wide coverage
- DxO PhotoLab review DxO PhotoLab review - photo editing and processing with PhotoLab V1.1 Latest DxO Optics Pro update, RAW processing, lens correction with new local edit adjustments based on the Nik plugins
- Book Review: The photography exercise book Book Review: The photography exercise book by Bert Krages. Training your eye to shoot like a pro. Subjects to study and photograph that will help train your photographic vision and produce the photos you want (and know why)
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- New monitor calibration option – ColorMunki Smile X-rite annouce a new device to calibrate your monitor, the ColorMunki Smile
- After the Photokina 2012 show… What's really new at Photokina in 2012 and what will make a real difference to photography, Keith picks a few items...
- Fuji to stop making movie film Fuji decide to quit the movie film business
- The St Mary de Castro spire appeal An exhibition of some of Keith's photographs of St Mary de Castro church in Leicester. Prints are on sale to help raise money to rebuild the spire, which unfortunately had to be demolished in 2014
- DxO ViewPoint New software from DxO that helps correct differing aspects of image geometry
- Again, the death of film… pt.94 Kodak needs money, so it's going to sell off more businesses, including its film business. What'll be left? - will most pro photographers be inconvenienced in any way?
- No more big Fuji Velvia films? Fujifilm is stopping production of Fujichrome Velvia 100F in 35mm, 120 and 4"x5" formats It's also halting 4"x5" and 8"x10" versions of Velvia 50 (still to be available in 35mm and 120)
- Nik Software and HDR Efex Pro 2 Nik Software announces update for their HDR Efex Pro 2 software plugin
- Selling cameras in the UK and a changing market for photography How the changes and ongoing decline in the market for cameras affect my business as a working photographer
- DxO Optics Pro Update DxO Optics Pro v7.5.1 has integrated more than 400 new DxO Optics Modules - software update
- SpyderCheckr updated Datacolor have announced an update to the SpyderCheckr software that now works with Hasselblad's Phocus software as well as Adobe Camera Raw.
- DxO updates Optics Pro The 64-bit version of DxO Optics Pro v7.5 handles larger files – up to 200 Megapixels – Nikon D800 files. The update has nearly 200 additional DxO Optics Modules
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks