What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- Three new Tamron lenses announced Tamron have announced three new lenses, due mid 2019. Two Nikon/canon mount SP 35mm F1.4, 35-150mm F2.8-4 and E-mount 17-28mm F2.8 III
- Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 S Nikkor Z 24-70mm F2.8 S lens announced for the Nikon Z mirrorless camera system. 17 elements, 15 groups Due April 2019
- Canon EOS RP Announced The Canon EOS RP 26MP full frame mirrorless camera has been announced. Much smaller than any previous Canon full frame camera, available March 2019
- Datacolor Spyder X announced Datacolor have announced their latest Spyder X monitor and projector calibration system, the Spyder X. Improved speed and profiling accuracy are claimed
- Irix Edge light pollution filters Irix have announced their new Edge light pollution filters. These cut light at the specific yellow colour associated with low pressure sodium lighting, which is widely used in street lighting.
–More News– further down the page
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it. If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it.
If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
- K&F Square 100mm ND1000 filter review Review: Testing the K&F 100mm square filter holder and 100mm ND1000 10 stop neutral density filter for longer exposures. Comes with adapters for lens filter sizes from 52mm to 82mm
- Rogeti TSE Frame feature update Rogeti have improved diagonal shift support for the TSE Frame lens mount - The lens mount for the Canon TS-E17mm and TS-E24mm mk2. lenses lets you attach the lens to a tripod and shift the camera, to reduce parallax errors when stitching.
- Luminar V3 update Skylum have announced the V3.0.2 update for Luminar V3. It adds support for additional cameras and adds numerous feature enhancements
- Keith Cooper photography interview Video: Keith Cooper was recently interviewed by BenQ about his photography, equipment (including monitors) and approach to running a photography business (21 mins)
- Spyder X Elite monitor calibrator review Review of the Spyder X Elite monitor profiling and calibration system from Datacolor. Fully configurable screen calibration and display analysis
- Printing low megapixel images at large size Printing low megapixel images at large size, looking at resizing and image editing techniques that let you make larger prints than you thought possible. Getting good prints at A2 and 17" x 25" sizes
- Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper review Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper review. Smooth unglazed gloss surface 300gsm natural white paper. Making large exhibition quality prints
- Topaz JPEG to RAW AI review Topaz JPEG to RAW AI software converts JPEG image files into RAW (DNG) or TIFF images. Expands bit depth and colour space
- Topaz AI Gigapixel update Topaz AI Gigapixel updated to V3 - Image resizing software resamples and resizes photos. Update improves performance and features clearer user interface.
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- Canon updates the 1DMk3 to the 1D Mk4 News item: Canon updates the EOS 1D Mk3 to the EOS 1D Mk4 - camera features: 16.1MP APS-H (1.3x) sensor, 100 to 102k max ISO
- Apple offers Matte screens at last… When Apple offered Matte screens for laptops - time for a new MacBook Pro. Why do Apple insist that screens that double as a shaving mirror are best?
- Reading the fine print – SWPP loses court case The SWPP loses a UK court case where it tried to enforce a three month notice of cancellation requirement for membership. Why joining any 'professional' organisation for photographers should be a business led decision, and why it pays to enquire widely
- ColorMunki software updated to V1.1 The X-rite colormunki software has been updated to version 1.1. Additional features and bug fixes in this free software update
- New Canon stuff day… Keith's new TS-E24 f3.5L 24mm tilt shift lens and a Canon iPF6100 printer turns up for review. First looks at some new equipment.
- Physics and digital camera design limits Guest article info: Physics and digital camera design limits. Notes about corrections/refinements and updates
- Apple to photographers – we don’t care Apple decides not to offer matte screens on its laptops. How this lets down photographers using Mac kit
- A lot of glass A lot of glass - our new TS-E17 lens arrives
- Waiting for the delivery van Waiting for the delivery van - TS-E17 lens on its way
- New profiling software -Profilemaker update New profiling software for colour management - Profilemaker is updated by X-rite
- The Northlight Blog… The Northlight Photography stuff blog... first post in 2009
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks