What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- Rokinon/Samyang 14mm and 85mm Rokinon/Samyang have announced two new manual focus lenses for the Canon RF mount. The lenses are 14mm f/2.8 and 85mm f/1.4
- Topaz Gigapixel AI updated to V4 Topaz have updated their Gigapixel AI resizing software to V4. The new version offers improved speed and image quality with improved resizing and workflow. Free update for existing users (Free 30 day trial and reduced price for new until April 5th)
- DxO PhotoLab 2.2 update DxO PhotoLab V2.2 image editing software update improves functionality and adds new image management tools. Includes Nikon Z6 and EOS R
- Three new Tamron lenses announced Tamron have announced three new lenses, due mid 2019. Two Nikon/canon mount SP 35mm F1.4, 35-150mm F2.8-4 and E-mount 17-28mm F2.8 III
- Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 S Nikkor Z 24-70mm F2.8 S lens announced for the Nikon Z mirrorless camera system. 17 elements, 15 groups Due April 2019
–More News– further down the page
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it. If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it.
If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
- Fotospeed Fotospeed Smooth Cotton 300 paper review Fotospeed Smooth cotton 300 paper review. Smooth matte surface surface, Cotton based 300gsm white paper. Takes a good ink load and for a matte paper gives solid colour and B&W tonality
- Topaz Denoise AI new software review Topaz Denoise AI, image noise reduction software review. Works as plugin or standalone application for noise reduction with detail preservation
- Keith Cooper’s paper reviews Keith's photo paper reviews - collected data from all the papers for printing photos that we've tested over the years. Helpful if you can't get them where you live. Matt, satin, lustre and glossy
- Review: Using the Canon EOS RP Camera usage review: Using the full frame 26MP Canon EOS RP mirrorless camera. Features and real life use for a long time Canon DSLR user. How it performs and what needs doing to make it even better
- Using the Canon EOS RP Keith looks at the EOS RP. A Canon DSLR user tries out the Canon EOS RP 26MP FF mirrorless camera - how is it to use, what settings work, and what needs doing for 'pro' use
- Is photography a business for you Is photography a business for you - an interview with Keith Cooper looks at some of the things you might want to think about if it's to be a real business. Includes link to audio podcast of the interview
- KF Concept TC2335 Camera Tripod KF Concept TC2335 Carbon Fibre Tripod with Ball head. Weighing 1.85lbs. Folded up height is only 13.6" (385mm). Max load weight is 26.5 lbs
- Fotospeed Legacy Gloss 325 paper review Fotospeed Legacy Gloss 325 paper review. Smooth unglazed gloss surface, Cotton based 325gsm natural warm white paper. OBA free. Making large exhibition quality prints.
- USB Charging the EOS RP USB Charging the EOS RP camera from a battery pack. Using a portable Lithium battery pack to charge the EOS RP via USB C PD
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- Looking at the Canon EOS 7D First thoughts - Looking at the Canon EOS 7D, initial experiments and testing of Canon's top crop sensor camera, just loaned to me by Canon UK
- Dealing with the world – running a site like this :-) Dealing with the world - some of the issues facing us when running a web site like ours. What we try and do, how to help and thanks...
- Is your camera good enough? Quality standards for stock images - Is your camera good enough? Alamy have a list of cameras that they deem 'not worthy'
- Canon updates the 1DMk3 to the 1D Mk4 News item: Canon updates the EOS 1D Mk3 to the EOS 1D Mk4 - camera features: 16.1MP APS-H (1.3x) sensor, 100 to 102k max ISO
- Apple offers Matte screens at last… When Apple offered Matte screens for laptops - time for a new MacBook Pro. Why do Apple insist that screens that double as a shaving mirror are best?
- Reading the fine print – SWPP loses court case The SWPP loses a UK court case where it tried to enforce a three month notice of cancellation requirement for membership. Why joining any 'professional' organisation for photographers should be a business led decision, and why it pays to enquire widely
- ColorMunki software updated to V1.1 The X-rite colormunki software has been updated to version 1.1. Additional features and bug fixes in this free software update
- New Canon stuff day… Keith's new TS-E24 f3.5L 24mm tilt shift lens and a Canon iPF6100 printer turns up for review. First looks at some new equipment.
- Physics and digital camera design limits Guest article info: Physics and digital camera design limits. Notes about corrections/refinements and updates
- Apple to photographers – we don’t care Apple decides not to offer matte screens on its laptops. How this lets down photographers using Mac kit
- A lot of glass A lot of glass - our new TS-E17 lens arrives
- Waiting for the delivery van Waiting for the delivery van - TS-E17 lens on its way
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks