What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- Three new Tamron lenses announced Tamron have announced three new lenses, due mid 2019. Two Nikon/canon mount SP 35mm F1.4, 35-150mm F2.8-4 and E-mount 17-28mm F2.8 III
- Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 S Nikkor Z 24-70mm F2.8 S lens announced for the Nikon Z mirrorless camera system. 17 elements, 15 groups Due April 2019
- Canon EOS RP Announced The Canon EOS RP 26MP full frame mirrorless camera has been announced. Much smaller than any previous Canon full frame camera, available March 2019
- Datacolor Spyder X announced Datacolor have announced their latest Spyder X monitor and projector calibration system, the Spyder X. Improved speed and profiling accuracy are claimed
- Irix Edge light pollution filters Irix have announced their new Edge light pollution filters. These cut light at the specific yellow colour associated with low pressure sodium lighting, which is widely used in street lighting.
–More News– further down the page
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it. If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it.
If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
- Rogeti TSE Frame feature update Rogeti have improved diagonal shift support for the TSE Frame lens mount - The lens mount for the Canon TS-E17mm and TS-E24mm mk2. lenses lets you attach the lens to a tripod and shift the camera, to reduce parallax errors when stitching.
- Luminar V3 update Skylum have announced the V3.0.2 update for Luminar V3. It adds support for additional cameras and adds numerous feature enhancements
- Keith Cooper photography interview Video: Keith Cooper was recently interviewed by BenQ about his photography, equipment (including monitors) and approach to running a photography business (21 mins)
- Spyder X Elite monitor calibrator review Review of the Spyder X Elite monitor profiling and calibration system from Datacolor. Fully configurable screen calibration and display analysis
- Printing low megapixel images at large size Printing low megapixel images at large size, looking at resizing and image editing techniques that let you make larger prints than you thought possible. Getting good prints at A2 and 17" x 25" sizes
- Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper review Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper review. Smooth unglazed gloss surface 300gsm natural white paper. Making large exhibition quality prints
- Topaz JPEG to RAW AI review Topaz JPEG to RAW AI software converts JPEG image files into RAW (DNG) or TIFF images. Expands bit depth and colour space
- Topaz AI Gigapixel update Topaz AI Gigapixel updated to V3 - Image resizing software resamples and resizes photos. Update improves performance and features clearer user interface.
- Better photography by printing your work Better Photography from prints. Printing your photos is a useful skill to work on. 5 steps towards getting great prints that will help you improve all of your photography
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- X-rite updates i1Profiler License Perhaps not something I'd normally report, but given all the kerfuffle over the i1Profiler EULA (license) when it came out, it's worth noting that they have retrospectively altered the license.
- 64bit comes to Image Trends plug-ins Plugins updated as 64 bit working comes to Image Trends plug-ins. ShineOff, PearlyWhites, and Fisheye-Hemi work faster and on the latest systems
- An era passes – the real end of Kodachrome The end of Kodachrome - historically interesting, but of what relevance to today's photographers. Reproduce the effects in software, accept that it was used for some great photos, but time to move on
- A solution to the CS5 ‘no color management’ problem A solution to the CS5 'no color management' problem. Potential difficulties with printing if you want no colour management. The free Adobe Color Print Utility is made for printing profiling targets with colour management turned off.
- 64 bit comes from Nik Software Nik software image editing plugins are updated for 64 bit support
- Latest i1Solutions from X-rite Updated information about i1 Profiler capabilities. X-rite profiling options
- Epson Digigraphie – a sign of fine art prints? The announcement of the UK launch of Epson's 'Digigraphie' programme in the UK. A set of standards and certification for printmaking
- Datacolor SpyderCheckr Product launch information: Datacolor SpyderCheckr. Datacolor have announced a new colour management tool in the form of the SpyderCheckr colour card
- Three new Epson LF printers Three new Epson large format printers announced at Photokina 2010
- DxO Optics Pro – update Updated functionality from DxO improves the range of lenses supported for Optics Pro software
- SpyderLensCal – hardware to help measure autofocus Product information: SpyderLensCal - hardware to help measure autofocus
- Software update – ImageNest 3 Update note for version 3 of ImageNest - print layout software that uses OEM printer drivers. The ImageNest RIP page layout software is updated to provide improved layout and image nesting options for large printers.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks