What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- DxO PhotoLab 2.2 update DxO PhotoLab V2.2 image editing software update improves functionality and adds new image management tools. Includes Nikon Z6 and EOS R
- Three new Tamron lenses announced Tamron have announced three new lenses, due mid 2019. Two Nikon/canon mount SP 35mm F1.4, 35-150mm F2.8-4 and E-mount 17-28mm F2.8 III
- Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 S Nikkor Z 24-70mm F2.8 S lens announced for the Nikon Z mirrorless camera system. 17 elements, 15 groups Due April 2019
- Canon EOS RP Announced The Canon EOS RP 26MP full frame mirrorless camera has been announced. Much smaller than any previous Canon full frame camera, available March 2019
- Datacolor Spyder X announced Datacolor have announced their latest Spyder X monitor and projector calibration system, the Spyder X. Improved speed and profiling accuracy are claimed
–More News– further down the page
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it. If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it.
If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
- Using the Canon EOS RP Keith looks at the EOS RP. A Canon DSLR user tries out the Canon EOS RP 26MP FF mirrorless camera - how is it to use, what settings work, and what needs doing for 'pro' use
- KF Concept TC2335 Camera Tripod KF Concept TC2335 Carbon Fibre Tripod with Ball head. Weighing 1.85lbs. Folded up height is only 13.6" (385mm). Max load weight is 26.5 lbs
- Fotospeed Legacy Gloss 325 paper review Fotospeed Legacy Gloss 325 paper review. Smooth unglazed gloss surface, Cotton based 325gsm natural warm white paper. OBA free. Making large exhibition quality prints.
- USB Charging the EOS RP USB Charging the EOS RP camera from a battery pack. Using a portable Lithium battery pack to charge the EOS RP via USB C PD
- Review: Topaz Sharpen AI Topaz Sharpen AI - software for sharpening and shake removal for images. Offers multiple methods of sharpening photographs. New software from Topaz with 30 day free trial
- K&F Square 100mm ND1000 filter review Review: Testing the K&F 100mm square filter holder and 100mm ND1000 10 stop neutral density filter for longer exposures. Comes with adapters for lens filter sizes from 52mm to 82mm
- Rogeti TSE Frame feature update Rogeti have improved diagonal shift support for the TSE Frame lens mount - The lens mount for the Canon TS-E17mm and TS-E24mm mk2. lenses lets you attach the lens to a tripod and shift the camera, to reduce parallax errors when stitching.
- Luminar V3 update Skylum have announced the V3.0.2 update for Luminar V3. It adds support for additional cameras and adds numerous feature enhancements
- Keith Cooper photography interview Video: Keith Cooper was recently interviewed by BenQ about his photography, equipment (including monitors) and approach to running a photography business (21 mins)
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- X-Rite and the all new i1 Pro 2 The all new version of the i1 Pro 2 spectrophotometer from X-Rite. A range of profiling solutions for colour management.
- Colour management and your TV The Spyder4 TV offers a way of calibrating TVs and reference video monitors
- DxO – expands range of cameras supported DxO - expands range of cameras supported through DxO Optics Pro
- Are the camera companies looking backwards? Photography shows are meant to give an idea where the industry is going - does anyone really have any idea though? Trade shows are not showing the direction
- Three new Spyders The new Spyder4 devices: the Spyder4 Express, the Spyder4 Pro, and the Spyder4 Elite are designed to offer improved color accuracy and low luminance performance compared to the Spyder3 devices.
- X-rite updates i1 Profiler i1profiler updated.New features include the option to balance red, green and blue during monitor calibration, improved automatic monitor adjustment (ADC) during the calibration process, and support for Eizo ColorEdge displays.
- Michael Westmoreland at the LPPG Some of Michael Westmoreland's panoramic prints on show at the LPPG in Leicester. Celebrating the 80th birthday of a panoramic photography pioneer.
- New printer review on its way… iPF5100 Canon UK have kindly lent us an iPF5100 printer for a review. It's a 17" (A2) 12 ink printer with roll media support and a paper cassette for sheet media.
- Preparations for Leicester Peoples’ Photography Gallery Getting ready to show some photos at an exhibition. Preparations for Leicester Peoples' Photography Gallery
- New photography gallery to open in Leicester A new photography gallery space is opening in Leicester at the old library in Belvoir Street. The Leicester Peoples Photography Gallery
- Apple Lion 10.7 – not for the time being thanks Assorted incompatibility issues for Apple's new OSX 10.7 Lion if moving from 10.6
- i1 Display 2 and i1 Display LT to be supported for Mac OS 10.7 Lion i1 Display 2 and i1 Display LT to be supported for Mac OS 10.7 Lion by special Mac only update
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks