What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- Nikon 14-30 F4 S announced A new Z mount Nikon 14-30 F4 S ultra-wide zoom is announced at CES. The full frame mirrorless lens takes filters (82mm) and weighs 485g. Nikon also announce a 'Z6 filmmaker's kit'
- ProGrade dual SD card reader ProGrade high speed dual SD card reader is announced. Interface is high speed USB 3.1 (USB3 compatible). Reader is UHS I/II card compatible. Use two cards at once and make use of high speed transfers
- Canon SDK updated Canon Europe announces a new SDK and API Package for Developers. Software Development Kit (SDK) adds SX70 HS to supported cameras. incl. camera control API
- Kipon MF lens adapters Kipon have added Nikon Z and Canon RF mounts to their medium format lens adapter range. Use popular MF lenses with focal reducers for full frame cameras
- Mitakon Speedmaster 65mm f1.4 for GFX ZY Optics announce their Mitakon Speedmaster 65mm f/1.4 lens for Fuji GFX medium format cameras (G mount).
–More News– further down the page
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it. If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it.
If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
- Better photography by printing your work Better Photography from prints. Printing your photos is a useful skill to work on. 5 steps towards getting great prints that will help you improve all of your photography
- KF Concept Multi-angle tripod centre column KF Concept Multi-angle tripod centre column review. KF31.010 Offset tripod mounting column extends and expands area of support
- Lighting CRI with i1Profiler and the i1Pro Lighting CRI measurement using X-Rite i1Profiler software and the i1Pro spectrophotomenter, with the free Osram LED ColorCalculator software
- Book Review: 52 Assignments Street Photography Book Review: 52 Assignments, Street Photography. A collection of 52 project ideas helping you explore different aspects of street photography. Challenge your photo comfort zones.
- Using the Hasselblad X1D-50C Using the Hasselblad X1D-50C camera and XCD 21mm f/4 lens. Looking at a medium format mirrorless camera with a 50 megapixel sensor
- Book Review: Hasselblad and the moon landing Book Review: Hasselblad and the moon landings. photographs and the story of the cameras that didn't return from the Apollo moon landings
- Review: Laowa 24mm f/14 relay macro Review of the Laowa 24mm f/14 relay 2x macro lens from Venus Optics, water resistant lens with built in LED variable lighting unit
- Book Review: 52 Assignments Experimental Photography Book Review: 52 Assignments, Experimental Photography. 52 project ideas to help you explore different aspects of photography, film and digital. with low and high tech ideas and hacks
- Book Review: Masters of Drone Photography Book Review: Masters of Drone Photography. Collected photographs and commentary from specialist drone photography experts. Practical advice about mastering your own drone work.
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- Michael Westmoreland at the LPPG Some of Michael Westmoreland's panoramic prints on show at the LPPG in Leicester. Celebrating the 80th birthday of a panoramic photography pioneer.
- New printer review on its way… iPF5100 Canon UK have kindly lent us an iPF5100 printer for a review. It's a 17" (A2) 12 ink printer with roll media support and a paper cassette for sheet media.
- Preparations for Leicester Peoples’ Photography Gallery Getting ready to show some photos at an exhibition. Preparations for Leicester Peoples' Photography Gallery
- New photography gallery to open in Leicester A new photography gallery space is opening in Leicester at the old library in Belvoir Street. The Leicester Peoples Photography Gallery
- Apple Lion 10.7 – not for the time being thanks Assorted incompatibility issues for Apple's new OSX 10.7 Lion if moving from 10.6
- i1 Display 2 and i1 Display LT to be supported for Mac OS 10.7 Lion i1 Display 2 and i1 Display LT to be supported for Mac OS 10.7 Lion by special Mac only update
- Film – the numbers say goodbye A few years ago (2003) I wrote some guidelines for people looking for a camera. In it I confidently expected that whilst digital was the future, film would be round for 'quite some time' - how was I wrong?
- X-rite updates i1Profiler License Perhaps not something I'd normally report, but given all the kerfuffle over the i1Profiler EULA (license) when it came out, it's worth noting that they have retrospectively altered the license.
- 64bit comes to Image Trends plug-ins Plugins updated as 64 bit working comes to Image Trends plug-ins. ShineOff, PearlyWhites, and Fisheye-Hemi work faster and on the latest systems
- An era passes – the real end of Kodachrome The end of Kodachrome - historically interesting, but of what relevance to today's photographers. Reproduce the effects in software, accept that it was used for some great photos, but time to move on
- A solution to the CS5 ‘no color management’ problem A solution to the CS5 'no color management' problem. Potential difficulties with printing if you want no colour management. The free Adobe Color Print Utility is made for printing profiling targets with colour management turned off.
- 64 bit comes from Nik Software Nik software image editing plugins are updated for 64 bit support
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks