What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- Rokinon/Samyang 14mm and 85mm Rokinon/Samyang have announced two new manual focus lenses for the Canon RF mount. The lenses are 14mm f/2.8 and 85mm f/1.4
- Topaz Gigapixel AI updated to V4 Topaz have updated their Gigapixel AI resizing software to V4. The new version offers improved speed and image quality with improved resizing and workflow. Free update for existing users (Free 30 day trial and reduced price for new until April 5th)
- DxO PhotoLab 2.2 update DxO PhotoLab V2.2 image editing software update improves functionality and adds new image management tools. Includes Nikon Z6 and EOS R
- Three new Tamron lenses announced Tamron have announced three new lenses, due mid 2019. Two Nikon/canon mount SP 35mm F1.4, 35-150mm F2.8-4 and E-mount 17-28mm F2.8 III
- Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 S Nikkor Z 24-70mm F2.8 S lens announced for the Nikon Z mirrorless camera system. 17 elements, 15 groups Due April 2019
–More News– further down the page
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it. If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it.
If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
- Fotospeed Fotospeed Smooth Cotton 300 paper review Fotospeed Smooth cotton 300 paper review. Smooth matte surface surface, Cotton based 300gsm white paper. Takes a good ink load and for a matte paper gives solid colour and B&W tonality
- Topaz Denoise AI new software review Topaz Denoise AI, image noise reduction software review. Works as plugin or standalone application for noise reduction with detail preservation
- Keith Cooper’s paper reviews Keith's photo paper reviews - collected data from all the papers for printing photos that we've tested over the years. Helpful if you can't get them where you live. Matt, satin, lustre and glossy
- Review: Using the Canon EOS RP Camera usage review: Using the full frame 26MP Canon EOS RP mirrorless camera. Features and real life use for a long time Canon DSLR user. How it performs and what needs doing to make it even better
- Using the Canon EOS RP Keith looks at the EOS RP. A Canon DSLR user tries out the Canon EOS RP 26MP FF mirrorless camera - how is it to use, what settings work, and what needs doing for 'pro' use
- Is photography a business for you Is photography a business for you - an interview with Keith Cooper looks at some of the things you might want to think about if it's to be a real business. Includes link to audio podcast of the interview
- KF Concept TC2335 Camera Tripod KF Concept TC2335 Carbon Fibre Tripod with Ball head. Weighing 1.85lbs. Folded up height is only 13.6" (385mm). Max load weight is 26.5 lbs
- Fotospeed Legacy Gloss 325 paper review Fotospeed Legacy Gloss 325 paper review. Smooth unglazed gloss surface, Cotton based 325gsm natural warm white paper. OBA free. Making large exhibition quality prints.
- USB Charging the EOS RP USB Charging the EOS RP camera from a battery pack. Using a portable Lithium battery pack to charge the EOS RP via USB C PD
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- Canon Pro-1 Printer Notice of upcoming printer review: Canon PRO-1
- New monitor calibration option – ColorMunki Smile X-rite annouce a new device to calibrate your monitor, the ColorMunki Smile
- After the Photokina 2012 show… What's really new at Photokina in 2012 and what will make a real difference to photography, Keith picks a few items...
- Fuji to stop making movie film Fuji decide to quit the movie film business
- The St Mary de Castro spire appeal An exhibition of some of Keith's photographs of St Mary de Castro church in Leicester. Prints are on sale to help raise money to rebuild the spire, which unfortunately had to be demolished in 2014
- DxO ViewPoint New software from DxO that helps correct differing aspects of image geometry
- Again, the death of film… pt.94 Kodak needs money, so it's going to sell off more businesses, including its film business. What'll be left? - will most pro photographers be inconvenienced in any way?
- No more big Fuji Velvia films? Fujifilm is stopping production of Fujichrome Velvia 100F in 35mm, 120 and 4"x5" formats It's also halting 4"x5" and 8"x10" versions of Velvia 50 (still to be available in 35mm and 120)
- Nik Software and HDR Efex Pro 2 Nik Software announces update for their HDR Efex Pro 2 software plugin
- Selling cameras in the UK and a changing market for photography How the changes and ongoing decline in the market for cameras affect my business as a working photographer
- DxO Optics Pro Update DxO Optics Pro v7.5.1 has integrated more than 400 new DxO Optics Modules - software update
- SpyderCheckr updated Datacolor have announced an update to the SpyderCheckr software that now works with Hasselblad's Phocus software as well as Adobe Camera Raw.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks