What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- Datacolor Colour management survey How does the UK photography community use colour management - a new survey is launched by Datacolor - complete the survey to enter a prize draw to win a Spyder5 monitor calibrator.
- Two new Canon EF 70-200 Lenses Canon launches EF 70-200 F4L IS II and EF 70-200 F2.8L IS III lenses. New versions of Canon's 70-200mm 'L' series telephoto zoom
- DxO Nik collection and PhotoLab The DxO Nik collection image editing plugins are updated for compatibility with modern editing software. DxO PhotoLab image editing software is updated to V1.2 with U Point local image adjustments.
- HP Launches new Designjet Z series HP has launched a new Designjet Z series of large format printers. The Z6 and Z9+ printers are aimed at photos graphics and technical printing. Printers will be available in June/July
- Yongnuo YN 60mm macro lens announced Yongnuo have announced their new YN 60mm f/2 MF manual focus macro lens for the EF mount, with electronic aperture control. Price is likely under £350
–More News– further down the page
If you find the articles and reviews on our site interesting, any help towards the upkeep of the site would be great. Buying anything via our links costs you no more. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way? If you get anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
If you find the articles and reviews on our site interesting, any help towards the upkeep of the site would be great. Buying anything via our links costs you no more. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way?
If you get anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
- A photo print of some bright red flowers Making a photo print of some bright red cactus flowers. Looking at how colour spaces and gamut affects such strong colours. How making a basic print of a flower illustrates some printer, paper and colour management choices
- BenQ SW240 monitor review BenQ SW240 monitor review. 24 inch 1920 x 1200 resolution, wide Adobe98 (99%) gamut, hardware calibration with supplied calibration software. An optional shading hood is available.
- TS-E 90mm F2.8L Macro review Review of the Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8L macro tilt/shift lens. How to use the ±10 degrees of tilt and ±12mm of shift offered by the macro lens, Includes comparisons with the original TS-E90mm F2.8 lens
- Review: Benro GD3WH geared head Review of the Benro GD3WH geared tripod head. Three axis geared adjustment with up to 6kg of camera gear supported. Arca Swiss style adapter plate for quick release. Head weighs under 2 pounds in weight.
- Canon imagePROGRAF TX-3000 review Testing the Canon TX-3000 36" width printer. Keith Cooper reviews the Canon TX wide format printer and plotter for photo and graphics printing. Also covers the 24" TX-2000 printer and 44" TX-4000
- Looking for a bigger photo printer Important questions to ask yourself when looking for a bigger photo printer wider than 13 inch width or A3+. Things that it's useful to know if you want a 17" (A2) or larger printer, it's about more than just bigger prints.
- So, can you start a photography business So, can you start a photography business? Will it last? Are you sure you know the difference between photography as a hobby and running a successful and profitable photography business. Some of the things you need to think about.
- Why your prints look wrong Why do your photo prints not look right? Fixing print problems. From prints too dark, and prints not matching your screen, Keith Cooper looks at ten of the most common reasons that your prints might not work
- Interview with Venus Optics An interview with Venus Optics, the Chinese maker of the Laowa brand of lenses. Keith Cooper talks with lens designer Mr. Dayong Li about the company philosophy and the optical products they design and make.
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- 64 bit comes from Nik Software Nik software image editing plugins are updated for 64 bit support
- Latest i1Solutions from X-rite Updated information about i1 Profiler capabilities. X-rite profiling options
- Epson Digigraphie – a sign of fine art prints? The announcement of the UK launch of Epson's 'Digigraphie' programme in the UK. A set of standards and certification for printmaking
- Datacolor SpyderCheckr Product launch information: Datacolor SpyderCheckr. Datacolor have announced a new colour management tool in the form of the SpyderCheckr colour card
- Three new Epson LF printers Three new Epson large format printers announced at Photokina 2010
- DxO Optics Pro – update Updated functionality from DxO improves the range of lenses supported for Optics Pro software
- SpyderLensCal – hardware to help measure autofocus Product information: SpyderLensCal - hardware to help measure autofocus
- Software update – ImageNest 3 Update note for version 3 of ImageNest - print layout software that uses OEM printer drivers. The ImageNest RIP page layout software is updated to provide improved layout and image nesting options for large printers.
- Using a professional photographer – free guide Free guide to choosing a professional commercial photographer. Questions that you should consider asking your commercial photographer
- Camera choices – keeping up to date Camera choices - keeping up to date with a changing market. At what point is what you've got good enough to last for a while?
- Canon iPF6300 arrives for review A Canon iPF6300 24" large format printer is delivered for our review. Small enough to fit on the back seat of a car.
- DNG ProfileManager – organising DNG profiles DNG ProfileManager - organising DNG camera profiles. Making DNG profiles is a good way of working round awkward lighting conditions, where the trouble of making a full icc profile is perhaps not merited.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks