What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Sigma announces the SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM ultra wide angle zoom lens in its Art category. Available in Sigma, Canon EF and Nikon mounts
- Tamron 70-210mm F4 Di VC USD announced A new Tamron 70-210mm F4 Di VC USD (Model A034) zoom lens has been announced. For FF Canon and Nikon mounts. Image stabilisation to 5 stops
- Pentax K-1 Mark II announced Pentax have announced the K-1 Mark II. The 36MP full frame DSLR goes to ISO 819,200 and improved pixel shift multishot capability
- Samyang XP 50mm f1.2 lens Samyang XP 50mm f1.2 lens announcement Manual focus, for Canon EF mount. High resolution for 50MP+ and 8k video. 9 blade aperture
- Some benefits of Colour Management Datacolor survey with Leica forum users looks at the benefits of a colour managed workflow for photographers. Screen and print colour management
–More News– further down the page
Buying anything via our links costs you no more, but helps expand the site. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way? Visit the Deals & Offers page to see new stuff If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
Buying anything via our links costs you no more, but helps expand the site. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way?
Visit the Deals & Offers page to see new stuff
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
Latest articles and reviews
Article Index page – For all of Keith Cooper’s hundreds of photography and printing articles/reviews
- Repairing an Epson P5000 printer Repairing an Epson P5000 17" A2 printer after a head strike - just how much damage can a small object cause. Head and capping station replacement
- i1Studio update 1.1 X-rite update i1Studio to version 1.1. Includes ability to save measurements from multiple charts when creating printer icc profiles (V2 and V4 supported)
- KF150 TTL Flash Macro Ring Lite review Review of the KF-150 TTL Flash Macro Ring Lite by K&F Concept. Multi flash mode Canon compatible with LED modelling light and independently adjustable flash units. Nikon version available.
- Kaiser KR90 LED ring light review Kaiser KR90 LED ring light review. 30 white 3 chip LEDs in a dimmable circular cordless ringlight. Internal li-ion battery, charger and 12V car adapter
- K&F ND1000 filter review Review from testing the K&F Concept ND1000 10 stop neutral density filter for longer exposures. 82mm low profile glass lens filter
- Rogeti TSE frame review Review of the Rogeti TSE frame - lens mount for Canon TS-E 17mm and 24mm tilt/shift lenses. Attaches lens directly to a tripod for parallax free image stitching. Accurate image stitching for wide coverage
- DxO PhotoLab review DxO PhotoLab review - photo editing and processing with PhotoLab V1.1 Latest DxO Optics Pro update, RAW processing, lens correction with new local edit adjustments based on the Nik plugins
- Book Review: The photography exercise book Book Review: The photography exercise book by Bert Krages. Training your eye to shoot like a pro. Subjects to study and photograph that will help train your photographic vision and produce the photos you want (and know why)
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- Dealing with the world – running a site like this :-) Dealing with the world - some of the issues facing us when running a web site like ours. What we try and do, how to help and thanks...
- Is your camera good enough? Quality standards for stock images - Is your camera good enough? Alamy have a list of cameras that they deem 'not worthy'
- Canon updates the 1DMk3 to the 1D Mk4 News item: Canon updates the EOS 1D Mk3 to the EOS 1D Mk4 - camera features: 16.1MP APS-H (1.3x) sensor, 100 to 102k max ISO
- Apple offers Matte screens at last… When Apple offered Matte screens for laptops - time for a new MacBook Pro. Why do Apple insist that screens that double as a shaving mirror are best?
- Reading the fine print – SWPP loses court case The SWPP loses a UK court case where it tried to enforce a three month notice of cancellation requirement for membership. Why joining any 'professional' organisation for photographers should be a business led decision, and why it pays to enquire widely
- ColorMunki software updated to V1.1 The X-rite colormunki software has been updated to version 1.1. Additional features and bug fixes in this free software update
- New Canon stuff day… Keith's new TS-E24 f3.5L 24mm tilt shift lens and a Canon iPF6100 printer turns up for review. First looks at some new equipment.
- Physics and digital camera design limits Guest article info: Physics and digital camera design limits. Notes about corrections/refinements and updates
- Apple to photographers – we don’t care Apple decides not to offer matte screens on its laptops. How this lets down photographers using Mac kit
- A lot of glass A lot of glass - our new TS-E17 lens arrives
- Waiting for the delivery van Waiting for the delivery van - TS-E17 lens on its way
- New profiling software -Profilemaker update New profiling software for colour management - Profilemaker is updated by X-rite
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks