What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
- Articles and Reviews
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Photography book reviews
- Keith’s ‘gear list’ for his work
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- Laowa 65mm F2.8 2x Macro APO Venus Optics have announced the Laowa 65mm F2.8 2x Macro APO lens for APS-C mirrorless Fuji X, Canon M and Sony E-mount cameras. Equivalent to a 100mm full frame field of view
- Samyang 10mm F3.5 ultra-wide lens Samyang 10mm F3.5 ultra-wide lens Manual focus lens for EF and F mount Samyang have announced a 10mm F3.5 manual focus ultra-wide lens with a 130 degree field of view. The rectilinear lens is initially available in the Canon EF and Nikon F mount. Lens...
- Nikon D780 announced Nikon announce the D780, the successor to the D750 DSLR. 24.5MP DSLR matches Nikon Z6 mirrorless camera
- BenQ SW321C monitor BenQ have annunced the 32 inch SW321C monitor. The 4k UHD display is aimed at the photographic market, giving 99% Adobe98 and 95% DCI-P3
- ZY Optics Mitakon Creator 85mm F2.8 1-5X lens ZY Optics have announced the Mitakon Creator 85mm F2.8 1-5X 'Super Macro' lens for Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony A, Pentax K, Sony E, M43, Fuji X and EOS-M mounts. Specialist macro-only lens
- Using old lenses on a modern DSLR/mirrorless camera Lens adapters allow you to use old lenses on a modern DSLR or mirrorless camera. Many old lenses work very well if you can live without autofocus. Performance varies, but it's possible to learn lot of use for the rest of your photography
- Fotodiox tilt-shift lens adapter Review of the Fotodiox TLT ROKR tilt-shift lens adapter for mounting medium format lenses on mirrorless cameras. M645 to Canon RF tested. Available also for M645 to Nikon Z along with many other lens/body combination.
- Rogeti RG-1 geared tripod head review Review of the Rogeti RG-1 geared tripod head and its camera mounting accessories. The head weighs 670g and supports up to 10kg of camera gear. compact and small design.
- K&F camera rucksack and travel bag The K&F camera rucksack and travel bag - what fits inside this twin compartment lightweight waterproof camera bag.
- Laowa RF 15mm F2 Zero-D Review of the Laowa RF 15mm f/2 Zero-D lens by Venus Optics. Tested on the Canon EOS RP. Wide angle manual focus lens for RF mount (also Nikon Z and Sony FE mounts)
- Rechargeable LED worklight for product photography A basic battery powered 15W LED worklight is tested for product photography. With over 3 hrs use on a charge, is the light quality good enough? The device doubles as a 6000mAh 22.2Wh USB powerbank
- Book Review: 52 Assignments Landscape Photography Book Review: 52 Assignments, Landscape Photography. A collection of 52 project ideas relating to Landscape photography. Lots of suggestions to help expand your photography and experiment.
- Rogeti TSE Frame V3+ Rogeti have made their TSE Frame lighter and easier to level. The lens mount for the Canon TS-E17mm and TS-E24mm mk2. lenses lets you attach the lens to a tripod and shift the camera, to reduce parallax errors when stitching.
- L-Bracket for Canon 5DIV, 5Ds R and 5DIII The Rogeti QRL Series L-Bracket fits the Canon 5D mk4 5DS, 5DS R, and 5D mk3. Arca style fit with three built in levelling vials. Also available for Sony
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- BenQ SW271 27 inch HDR 4k monitor BenQ have announced the SW271 27 inch HDR 4k monitor. With HDR10 support. SW271 features 99% Adobe RGB, 100% sRGB and Rec. 709. and DCI-P3 colour spaces.
- Irix Edge 100 filter system The Irix Edge 100 filter system is announced for wide angle lenses - fitting directly to the Irix 15mm f/4 lens. The filter holder is to host a collection of 100mm and 100mm x 150mm filters
- FoCal AF calibration software updated to V2.5 FoCal AF calibration software is updated to V2.5 - Software lets you tune and adjust camera autofocus performance. Adds 6D2 and D7500 support
- Epson SureColor SC-P5000 STD Printer announced Latest information about the new SureColor P5000 17" large format printer from Epson. The replacement for the SP4900 A2 sized desktop printer.
- Techart EF lens to Fuji GFX lens adapter Techart EF lens to Fuji GFX lens adapter with AF functionality. Lens aperture can be set from the camera control dial. Firmware is updateable
- Macphun Aurora HDR 2018 launch Macphun announce the Aurora HDR 2018 software launch for Windows and Mac. Improved HDR and tone mapping performance
- Nikon D850 Nikon D850 full frame DSLR. Camera features 45.7MP BSI FX-format sensor, 7 fps burst (max 9 fps), 4K video and a tilting 3.2" 2.36M-dot touchscreen. Camera includes dual card slots: XQD and SD
- Kodak to bring back Ektachrome film At the CES show in Vegas, Kodak have announced that Ektachrome colour slide film is going to be making a comeback later in 2017
- Canon MT-26EX-RT macro twin flash unit The new Canon MT-26EX-RT macro twin flash unit boosts power over the previous MT-24EX and add wireless support, along with an updated interface
- New Canon 50mm, 90mm and 135mm tilt-shift lenses New tilt shift lenses announced. Canon 50mm f2.8L, 90mm f2.8L and 135mm f4L macro tilt-shift lenses. TS-E lens range expanded with macro capable lenses.
- Canon EOS M100 24MP camera Canon EOS M100 with 24MP sensor and Dual Pixel AF replaces the EOS M10. Digic 7 processor improves video performance. Available in black or white, shipping in October for £570/$600 with 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, or £770/$950 with 15-45mm and 55-200mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM.
- Canon EF 85mm F1.4L IS USM A new lens from Canon. The Canon EF 85mm F1.4L IS USM stabilised f1.4 lens is a short telephoto prime lens for portrait and low light work
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)