What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- X-Rite Adobe CC offer X-Rite Adobe CC offer - X-Rite are offering a free one year Adobe CC photography plan with certain product purchases (X-Rite i1Display Pro, i1Photographer Kit, ColorMunki Photographer Kit or i1Studio).
- Meike 6-11mm zoom fisheye announced Meike have announced a 6-11mm F3.5 zoom fisheye lens. In EF and F mounts for Canon and Nikon full frame cameras, giving a 180º field of view.
- Three new Hasselblad XCD lenses Three new XCD lenses and 1.7x converter launched for the Hasselblad X1D-50c camera. XCD 80mm F1.9, the XCD 65mm F2.8 and XCD 135mm F2.8
- Novoflex lens adapters for EOS R and Nikon Z Novoflex announce a range of new lens adapters for manual lenses with Canon EOS R and Nikon Z mirrorless cameras.
- Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro lens Irix have announced a 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 lens, designed for full frame cameras with the Nikon F, Canon EF, and Pentax K mount.
–More News– further down the page
If you find the articles and reviews on our site interesting, any help towards the upkeep of the site would be great. Buying anything via our links costs you no more. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way? If you get anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
If you find the articles and reviews on our site interesting, any help towards the upkeep of the site would be great. Buying anything via our links costs you no more. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way?
If you get anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
- Review: Kaiser R60 LED Ring Light Review of the Kaiser R60 LED Ring Light with 60 daylight LEDs from Fotospeed. Battery operated LED lighting giving up to 2300 lux at 30cm working distance
- BenQ SW240 monitor hood SH240 Fitting the SH240 Monitor hood for the 24" BenQ SW240 wide gamut hardware calibrated monitor. Fits the monitor in landscape or portrait orientation.
- Book Review: Mastering Macro Photography Book Review: Mastering Macro Photography by David Taylor. Equipment, lighting and technique for photographing small things
- Topaz AI Gigapixel V2 Topaz AI Gigapixel software is updated to V2. Improves GPU performance for image resizing and enlargement. 30 day trial available
- Install Canon camera software without CD Installing Canon camera software without the CD. What to do if you've lost your original CD and need to re-install software
- Yes, I welcome EOS R Why the Canon EOS R system will change my photography, but not just yet. How the RF lens mount and new lenses are what may make me change. How do you decide when to jump?
- Peli 1535 Air Case review Review of the Peli 1535 Air Case. A tough air carry on sized hard case for camera equipment. Tested with the TrekPak reconfigurable interior divider system
- Book Review: Mastering Exposure Book Review: Mastering Exposure by David Taylor. Looking at the basic principles of photographic exposure, shutter, aperture and ISO. A great starting point for moving away from camera auto modes.
- Canon camera mounts and change Canon camera mounts and change. Canon FD, EF, EF-S, EF-M and RF. How does it affect your photography and does it really matter. What does the RF mount mean for APS-C cameras - does anyone really keep their old 18-55 lenses?
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- DxO Optics Pro V9.5 adds integration with Lightroom I've used DxO Optics Pro for many years as an alternative RAW camera file processing engine. With the latest update it now works much more tightly with Adobe Lightroom.
- i1Profiler is updated to V1.5 I1Profiler is updated t V1.5 The updated software incorporates a number of fixes and improvements such as new monitor technologies Adds device link CMYK profiles to the i1Publish version
- All the Nik plugins for just $126 Offer now closed - plugins are available via Google Nik Collection
- Visiting Focus 2013 A visit to Focus on Imaging 2013 - since it's only 35 miles away, so the Focus on Imaging show in the UK is one trade show I'm happy to attend every year.
- Watch for fake batteries… Some information about spotting fake batteries and why it's often not worth the risk, just for saving a bit of money. Beware of cheap batteries, especially with on-line shopping. Buy from a reputable dealer
- Canon Pro-1 Printer Notice of upcoming printer review: Canon PRO-1
- New monitor calibration option – ColorMunki Smile X-rite annouce a new device to calibrate your monitor, the ColorMunki Smile
- After the Photokina 2012 show… What's really new at Photokina in 2012 and what will make a real difference to photography, Keith picks a few items...
- Fuji to stop making movie film Fuji decide to quit the movie film business
- The St Mary de Castro spire appeal An exhibition of some of Keith's photographs of St Mary de Castro church in Leicester. Prints are on sale to help raise money to rebuild the spire, which unfortunately had to be demolished in 2014
- DxO ViewPoint New software from DxO that helps correct differing aspects of image geometry
- Again, the death of film… pt.94 Kodak needs money, so it's going to sell off more businesses, including its film business. What'll be left? - will most pro photographers be inconvenienced in any way?
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks