What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- Four new Laowa lenses Venus Lens have announced four new lenses under the Laowa brand. They range from a 4mm MFT fisheye to a 100mm 2x Macro APO. A 10-18,, zoom is available in Sony FE mount and a 17mm F4 for Fuji GFX
- LargeSense launches the LS911 LargeSense launches the LS911 8x10 digital camera back. Single shot 9"x11" CMOS sensor gives 12MP with 75 micron pixels. Base ISO is 2100 Includes lossless 4k video at 26fps
- Luminar 2018 Jupiter update Skylum announces Luminar 2018 Jupiter (V1.2) software update. Featuring speed increases, batch processing and camera and lens profiles. New features for Mac and Windows versions.
- EOS M50 Information, reviews, news and updates for the Canon EOS M50 24MP mirrorless camera with EF-M lens mount. 4k (24P) video
- Architectural photography lens choices Looking at lens choices for architectural photography. How Keith Cooper uses a nearby award nominated building to explore options when testing lenses - not on the time of clients
–More News– further down the page
If you find the articles and reviews on our site interesting, any help you could give towards the upkeep of the site would be really helpful. Buying anything via our links costs you no more. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way? If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
If you find the articles and reviews on our site interesting, any help you could give towards the upkeep of the site would be really helpful. Buying anything via our links costs you no more. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way?
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
Latest articles and reviews
Article Index page – For all of Keith Cooper’s hundreds of photography and printing articles/reviews
- Luminar 2018 Jupiter review update Luminar 2018 Jupiter update. Skylum updates Luminar photo editing software. Adds much faster processing, batch processing and camera and lens profiles. Looking at how things have improved in this new version.
- Review: SyderCHECKR24 Review of SyderCHECKR 24 camera colour correction chart and software by datacolor. 24 patch reference target for camera colour correction for photo and video
- TS-E 50mm f/2.8L macro review Review of the Canon TS-E 50mm f/4L macro tilt/shift lens. How to use the ±8.5 degrees of tilt and ±12mm of shift offered by the macro lens
- TS-E 135mm f/4L macro review Review of the Canon TS-E 135mm f/4L macro tilt/shift lens. How to use the ±10 degrees of tilt and ±12mm of shift offered by the telephoto macro lens
- Laowa 25mm f2.8 macro review Review of the Laowa 25mm F2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro lens from Venus optics. Manual focus macro lens tested on a 50MP Canon 5Ds (EF, F,FE an K mounts available)
- Repairing an Epson P5000 printer Repairing an Epson P5000 17" A2 printer after a head strike - just how much damage can a small object cause. Head and capping station replacement
- i1Studio update 1.1 X-rite update i1Studio to version 1.1. Includes ability to save measurements from multiple charts when creating printer icc profiles (V2 and V4 supported)
- KF150 TTL Flash Macro Ring Lite review Review of the KF-150 TTL Flash Macro Ring Lite by K&F Concept. Multi flash mode Canon compatible with LED modelling light and independently adjustable flash units. Nikon version available.
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- i1 Display 2 and i1 Display LT to be supported for Mac OS 10.7 Lion i1 Display 2 and i1 Display LT to be supported for Mac OS 10.7 Lion by special Mac only update
- Film – the numbers say goodbye A few years ago (2003) I wrote some guidelines for people looking for a camera. In it I confidently expected that whilst digital was the future, film would be round for 'quite some time' - how was I wrong?
- X-rite updates i1Profiler License Perhaps not something I'd normally report, but given all the kerfuffle over the i1Profiler EULA (license) when it came out, it's worth noting that they have retrospectively altered the license.
- 64bit comes to Image Trends plug-ins Plugins updated as 64 bit working comes to Image Trends plug-ins. ShineOff, PearlyWhites, and Fisheye-Hemi work faster and on the latest systems
- An era passes – the real end of Kodachrome The end of Kodachrome - historically interesting, but of what relevance to today's photographers. Reproduce the effects in software, accept that it was used for some great photos, but time to move on
- A solution to the CS5 ‘no color management’ problem A solution to the CS5 'no color management' problem. Potential difficulties with printing if you want no colour management. The free Adobe Color Print Utility is made for printing profiling targets with colour management turned off.
- 64 bit comes from Nik Software Nik software image editing plugins are updated for 64 bit support
- Latest i1Solutions from X-rite Updated information about i1 Profiler capabilities. X-rite profiling options
- Epson Digigraphie – a sign of fine art prints? The announcement of the UK launch of Epson's 'Digigraphie' programme in the UK. A set of standards and certification for printmaking
- Datacolor SpyderCheckr Product launch information: Datacolor SpyderCheckr. Datacolor have announced a new colour management tool in the form of the SpyderCheckr colour card
- Three new Epson LF printers Three new Epson large format printers announced at Photokina 2010
- DxO Optics Pro – update Updated functionality from DxO improves the range of lenses supported for Optics Pro software
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks