i1Studio update 1.1
i1Studio software update 1.1
New software includes profile data saving
X-rite updates i1Studio to version 1.1.
It includes the ability to save measurements from multiple charts when creating printer icc profiles (V2 and V4 supported).
See Keith’s full i1Studio review for the complete range of functions supported with i1Studio.
New X-rite i1Studio software
V1.1 finally adds the ability to save measurement sets … yay!
This has probably been my main complaint about the i1Studio and the ColorMunki before it. It’s always worked well, but if you wanted to do a whole lot of profiles at the same time, the workflow was awkward.
I was asked to test this update before its release and can confirm that it works well. The ability to save profiles in both V2 and V4 will be welcome as well.
X-Rite release notes
i1Studio software provides the ability to profile monitors, projectors, scanners and printers. Monitor module supports both photo and video workflows. Printer modules include ability to create profiles for both color prints and Black & White prints. Profile Optimization module is designed to optimize a profile using colors extracted from a specific image and/or measured spot colors.
v1.1 update includes:
- New Data Save Workflow for all modules of printer profiling – enables users to start the printer profiling process, pause it any time and resume automatically where they left off . Ideal for users that would like to print test targets from another application, speed up the process to profile several paper types, allow for extended paper drying time or profile a remote printer not on their network.
- Ability to save ICC profiles in either Version 4 or Version 2
- Profile Reminder feature to remind users to re-profile their displays
- Updated sepia look in Black & White workflow
- Several usability improvements and minor bug fixes
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks