Error codes and maintenance tank reset SP4000
Service manual, error codes and Maintenance tank reset on the Epson Stylus Pro 4000
More life for the maintenance tank in the SP4000 and printer fixes.
These procedures should be used with care!
When the maintenance tank for your SP4000 reads full, you can just put a new one in.
Why not reset it to get a bit more life (or to make it last until your spare maintenance tank is delivered).
The maintenance reset procedure for Epson Stylus Pro 4000.
- Turn off the printer
- Hold down the three leftmost arrow buttons [left-arrow] [down-arrow] [up-arrow]
- Turn on the printer
- Release the buttons
- A new menu will appear
- Press the up/down arrows to get to the “Clear Counters” menu
- Press RIGHT
- Press the up/down arrows to get the “Maintenance Tank” menu
- Clear the counter.
- Turn off printer.
- When you restart the printer, the maintenance tank should indicate ‘Empty’
- Just remember to change it (or replace the wadding it contains)
An overflowing maintenance tank makes a lot of mess
Apologies, but the links to the manuals that were on the original version of this page in 2011 have been removed, after a ‘request’ from Epson’s legal department.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused to those of you wanting to keep your old printers from being consigned to the scrap yard…
- SP4000 Service manual – PDF
- SP4000 printer user manual – PDF
- Service manual for 7600/9600 (PDF)
- http://www.americaninkjetsystems.com/epson_mimaki_ roland_printer_rep.html
Manuals, repair guides and parts. 4000, 76/9600, 78/9800, 79/9900
Note that external file links can change/break. Email Keith if you find any problems or need assistance.
(0002, 0004, 0008, 0010, 0020, 0040, 0080, 0100, 0200)
Epson Stylus Pro 4000 Service error codes
Note that some of these are more serious errors or faults with the printer. Do be sure you are comfortable in what you are doing if you start taking the printer apart!
(00000088, 00000101, 00000103, 00000105)
Cleaning dried ink
You really only need to check out the household products line at your local supermarket ;-)
I’ve written a short guide about ‘cleaning inkjet printers‘
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
More print related information
For information about other printers, paper reviews and profiling (colour management) see the Printing section of the main Articles and Reviews page, or use the search box at the top of any page. There are also specific index pages for any articles connected with the following topics:
- Digital Black and White
- Tutorials and 'How to' articles
- Colour Management
- Printer test images
- Why do your prints look wrong?
More of Keith's articles/reviews (Google's picks to match this page)