We work in Leicestershire, the UK East Midlands and throughout the UK.
Reviews and articles
We can demonstrate any of the many colour management devices and systems shown on this site.
We’re happy to offer direct advice as part of our commercial services.
Colour management is not rocket science – you -can- do a lot of it yourself.
We are happy to include elements of colour management in our commercial photography training.
Other index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Keith’s photography videos
- Printing and paper
- Digital Black and White
- Photography book reviews
- Camera and printer rumours
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper is an
X-Rite ‘Coloratti Master’
- Black and white print linearisation with i1Profiler and QTRBlack and white print linearisation using QTR icc profiles created with X-Rite i1Profiler software and the i1Pro spectrophotometer
- So, you want a good, cheap inkjet printer with cheap inkLots of people want a good quality, cheap, photo printer that doesn't cost a lot in ink. Unfortunately, the market doesn't quite work like that - some thought about what to do when your old printer dies.
- What paper should I use?With a massive range of different papers available, how should you go about seeing which papers work best for your photos. Some of the choices you can consider when looking at paper types and brands for printing your photographs
- When your prints are too darkOverview of the causes of prints of your photos coming out of your printer looking too dark. Discusses workarounds and more detailed fixes for the problem
- A personal health warning about paper reviewsWhy you should be wary of paper reviews. Reviews for specialist inkjet photo printing papers may contain lots of measurement data, but paper choice is about so much more than that. There are so many other aspects of your photographic workflow that need looking at too.
- Printing greyscale images and removing unwanted colour tintsAddressing problems with black and white printing. Some subtle changes in print colour casts with lighting changes, and removing colour tints from monochrome prints.
- A solution to the CS5 ‘no color management’ problemA solution to the CS5 'no color management' problem. Potential difficulties with printing if you want no colour management. The free Adobe Color Print Utility is made for printing profiling targets with colour management turned off.
Videos by Keith Cooper
- Review: Kaiser R60 LED Ring LightReview of the Kaiser R60 LED Ring Light with 60 daylight LEDs from Fotospeed. Battery operated LED lighting giving up to 2300 lux at 30cm working distance
- Epson SureLab SL-D700 reviewReview of the Epson SureLab SL-D700 six colour photo printer. Supports roll media from 102-210mm wide. Prints up to 1 metre in length, with built in cutter
- BenQ SW240 monitor reviewBenQ SW240 monitor review. 24 inch 1920 x 1200 resolution, wide Adobe98 (99%) gamut, hardware calibration with supplied calibration software. An optional shading hood is available.
- Canon imagePROGRAF TX-3000 reviewTesting the Canon TX-3000 36" width printer. Keith Cooper reviews the Canon TX wide format printer and plotter for photo and graphics printing. Also covers the 24" TX-2000 printer and 44" TX-4000
- Fotospeed Matt art papers reviewFotospeed Platinum Cotton 305 and Cotton Etching 305 matt art papers review. Cotton acid free fine art paper. Natural white smooth and Etching finish bright white
- Review: SpyderCHECKR24Review of SyderCHECKR 24 camera colour correction chart and software by datacolor. 24 patch reference target for camera colour correction for photo and video
- BenQ SW271 monitor reviewKeith reviews BenQ's latest high end monitor. The BenQ SW271 27inch width display features 3840x2160 resolution at 16:9 aspect ratio and accepts 4k HDR video. Dual HDMI inputs along with Displayport, Thunderbolt/USB3. Technicolor certified
- A visit to IPEX 2010Looking at some large printers from HP, Canon and others at the IPEX show - Keith visits IPEX 2010... what's new?
- i1Profiler – New Profiling solution from X-Ritei1Profiler - New Profiling solution from X-Rite. product announcement
- ColorMunki software updated to V1.1The X-rite colormunki software has been updated to version 1.1. Additional features and bug fixes in this free software update
- New profiling software -Profilemaker updateNew profiling software for colour management - Profilemaker is updated by X-rite
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more