Based in Leicester, we can provide you with independent colour management advice in conjunction with our training activities
We work in Leicestershire, the UK East Midlands and throughout the UK.
Reviews and articles
We have a large collection of reviews, articles and tutorials on this site, designed to help improve your understanding of the subject. There are links to Keith Cooper’s colour management related articles further down this page.
Our expertise originally stems from our own need to produce the highest quality fine art prints and accurate digital capture of images.
We do not directly sell hardware or software, so our independent advice is usually aimed at helping fellow photographers get the best results.
We can demonstrate any of the many colour management devices and systems shown on this site.
If you are not sure of why you should be getting into colour management, call on us for a short chat?
We’re happy to offer direct advice as part of our commercial services.
Colour management is not rocket science – you -can- do a lot of it yourself.
We’re happy to provide our commercial photography clients with help and advice relating to colour management issues, both where where it relates to our work, and more general matters such as monitor calibration.
We are happy to include elements of colour management in our commercial photography training.
Keith also gives lectures and more general talks about the importance and use of colour management principles and techniques.
Other index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Printing and paper
- Digital Black and White
- Photography book reviews
- Camera and printer rumours
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper is an
X-Rite ‘Coloratti Master’
“X-Rite’s Coloratti includes the world’s top professional photographers, a group whose vision, passion, leadership, and partnership are recognized and valued by X-Rite. Coloratti photographers are highly respected by their peers and are admired by up-and-coming professionals, enthusiasts, and students alike.”
Keith regularly tests new equipment and software before release under NDA. Where permitted, this is always mentioned in our reviews and articles.
- Printer Test ImagesCollection of printer test images - colour and monochrome (black and white). Test photos for printer and monitor checking.
- Black and White printing with the P700Black and white printing on the Epson SC-P700 A3+ pigment ink printer. Different types of paper and optimising the reproduction of your monochrome photos
- Custom media for the PRO-300Creating custom media settings for the Canon PRO-300 printer with the MCT software. Using the free Media Configuration Tool software for the PRO300 A3+ (13")printer
- Black and white printing with the PRO-300Printing black and white on the Canon PRO-300 A3+ pigment ink printer. Different types of paper and optimising the reproduction of your photos.
- Keith Cooper’s paper reviewsKeith's photo paper reviews - collected data from all the papers for printing photos that we've tested over the years. Helpful if you can't get them where you live. Matt, satin, lustre and glossy. Regularly updated for new papers tested
- SpyderPrint black and white print refinementBlack and white printer test image for use with the Datacolor SpyderPrint spectrocolorimeter. Check linearity and black and white print performance with Photoshop & Affinity Photo
- What goes into a printWhat goes into a photo print - getting more from your prints. Looking at printers, image preparation and just what makes a print worth going on your wall. Why are you making prints and who are they for?
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it.
We appreciate any purchases you make through our partners such as B&H which help us sustain the site.
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it. We appreciate any purchases you make through our partners such as B&H which help us sustain the site.
- X-Rite i1Profiler Scanner profilingX-Rite i1Profiler V1.4 adds scanner profiling to i1 Profiler software. Works with transparency and reflective scanners to create accurate ICC profiles to improve colour accuracy
- Printer review – Canon Pixma Pro-1Detailed review of the Canon Pixma Pro-1, a 12 ink A3+ (13inch) printer for colour and black and white printing. Tested on a range of paper types and sizes.
- ColorMunki Smile monitor calibrator reviewReview of the X-Rite Colormunki Smile. Monitor calibration and profiling with basic setup. Profiles multiple monitor systems for Macs and PCs
- Using the new i1Pro 2 for profilingKeith Cooper has been looking at the new i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer. Covering the i1Photo Pro 2 and i1Basic Pro 2 packages, he has written two extensive reviews of these X-Rite profiling packages for monitors, projectors and printers.
- i1Basic Pro 2 reviewReview of the i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer i1Basic package from X-Rite. Monitor and projector profiling and calibration using i1Profiler software
- X-Rite i1Photo Pro 2 reviewReview of the X-Rite i1Photo Pro 2. Printer profiling as part of the 'i1Photo' package, including OBA compensation
- Datacolor Spyder4Pro reviewDetailed review of the Datacolor Spyder 4 Pro monitor calibrator colorimeter and profiling software package
- Datacolor new profiling software updatesDatacolor have announced new upgrade options for their Spyder 5 PRO and Spyder 5 Elite monitor calibrators. We've full reviews of the Spyder 5 PRO (and upgrade) and Spyder 5 Elite and will be adding details about the Spyder 5 Elite+ update in due course.
- BenQ announce new 32″ 4k HDR monitorBenQ announce their new SW320 4k HDR monitor, to be shown in the US at Photo Plus. There is also the Technicolor Colour Certified 27-inch QHD PV270 and the 32-inch PV3200PT 4K UHD
- i1Profiler is updated to V1.5I1Profiler is updated t V1.5 The updated software incorporates a number of fixes and improvements such as new monitor technologies Adds device link CMYK profiles to the i1Publish version
- New monitor calibration option – ColorMunki SmileX-rite annouce a new device to calibrate your monitor, the ColorMunki Smile
- X-Rite and the all new i1 Pro 2The all new version of the i1 Pro 2 spectrophotometer from X-Rite. A range of profiling solutions for colour management.
- Colour management and your TVThe Spyder4 TV offers a way of calibrating TVs and reference video monitors
- Three new SpydersThe new Spyder4 devices: the Spyder4 Express, the Spyder4 Pro, and the Spyder4 Elite are designed to offer improved color accuracy and low luminance performance compared to the Spyder3 devices.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our occasional (ad-free) Newsletter
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
For All about using tilt and shift - articles/reviews about tilt/shift lenses
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
...Why not sign up for our (ad free) Newsletter to keep informed about new articles and subscribe to my YouTube Channel