We work in Leicestershire, the UK East Midlands and throughout the UK.
Reviews and articles
We can demonstrate any of the many colour management devices and systems shown on this site.
We’re happy to offer direct advice as part of our commercial services.
Colour management is not rocket science – you -can- do a lot of it yourself.
We are happy to include elements of colour management in our commercial photography training.
Other index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Printing and paper
- Digital Black and White
- Photography book reviews
- Camera and printer rumours
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper is an
X-Rite ‘Coloratti Master’
- Saving images for web useSome of the things to consider when saving images for web use - how care with resizing and basic sharpening can give them a bit more punch
- Better Digital Black and White printing on your Inkjet printerSimple technique to make linearising curves for black and white photo prints. Measuring test prints with flatbed scanner provide data for curve construction
- Improving your Macs ColourHow colour management is managed on the Apple Mac. This 2003 article originally published in TidBITS online magazine
- Review Spyder 3 Express monitor calibratorReview of the datacolor Spyder 3 Express colorimeter for monitor calibration and profiling. Express is the entry level Spyder 3 calibrator
- Spyder3Print SR (SpyderPrint) reviewReview of the Datacolor Spyder3Print printer profiling package. Looks at the latest spectrocolorimeter for strip reading patches and creating icc profiles
- Eye One iO automated scanning table reviewReview of the i1 iO automated scanning table for the Eye One Pro spectrophotometer from GretagMacbeth (X-Rite). Robot arm to measure profiling targets.
- PDV-3e desktop viewing stand reviewReview of the GTI PDV 3E print viewing stand. Desktop model with adjustable light intensity. Why a viewing stand helps with soft proofing and print quality
- Datacolor SpyderCube reviewReview of the Datacolor SpyderCube. Used for setting white and black levels in an image and for white balance adjustment
- Review i1iSis optical brightener compensationReview of i1iSis optical brightener compensation for creating ICC printer profiles for paper with optical brightening agents (OBAs) that allow for the brightener.
- GrafiLite – print viewing lighting reviewReview of using a Grafilite (Ottlite) lamp for evaluating print quality and consistency. the 13W TruColor lamp is the equivalent of a 60W tungsten lamp
- Datacolor Spyder X announcedDatacolor have announced their latest Spyder X monitor and projector calibration system, the Spyder X. Improved speed and profiling accuracy are claimed
- X-Rite Adobe CC offerX-Rite Adobe CC offer - X-Rite are offering a free one year Adobe CC photography plan with certain product purchases (X-Rite i1Display Pro, i1Photographer Kit, ColorMunki Photographer Kit or i1Studio).
- How poor is your colour managementA recent Datacolor survey shows how many photographers have problems with colour management and photo reproduction quality - some ways to improve, including a free colour management e-book
- Datacolor Colour management surveyHow does the UK photography community use colour management - a new survey is launched by Datacolor - complete the survey to enter a prize draw to win a Spyder5 monitor calibrator.
- Some benefits of Colour ManagementDatacolor survey with Leica forum users looks at the benefits of a colour managed workflow for photographers. Screen and print colour management
- X-Rite i1Studio launchedX-Rite announce i1Studio package for monitor calibration, scanner and printer profiling (colour and black & white). Updated software / functionality for the ColorMunki spectrophotometer
- BenQ SW271 27 inch HDR 4k monitorBenQ have announced the SW271 27 inch HDR 4k monitor. With HDR10 support. SW271 features 99% Adobe RGB, 100% sRGB and Rec. 709. and DCI-P3 colour spaces.
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon affiliate. so receive commission on any purchases you make
...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not visit Keith's YouTube Channel
...My book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.