Based in Leicester, we can provide you with independent colour management advice in conjunction with our training activities
We work in Leicestershire, the UK East Midlands and throughout the UK.
Reviews and articles
We have a large collection of reviews, articles and tutorials on this site, designed to help improve your understanding of the subject. There are links to Keith Cooper’s colour management related articles further down this page.
Our expertise originally stems from our own need to produce the highest quality fine art prints and accurate digital capture of images.
We do not directly sell hardware or software, so our independent advice is usually aimed at helping fellow photographers get the best results.
We can demonstrate any of the many colour management devices and systems shown on this site.
If you are not sure of why you should be getting into colour management, call on us for a short chat?
We’re happy to offer direct advice as part of our commercial services.
Colour management is not rocket science – you -can- do a lot of it yourself.
We’re happy to provide our commercial photography clients with help and advice relating to colour management issues, both where where it relates to our work, and more general matters such as monitor calibration.
Keith Cooper is a one of X-Rite’s ‘Coloratti’
“X-Rite’s Coloratti includes the world’s top professional photographers, a group whose vision, passion, leadership, and partnership are recognized and valued by X-Rite. Coloratti photographers are highly respected by their peers and are admired by up-and-coming professionals, enthusiasts, and students alike.”
Keith regularly tests new equipment and software before release under NDA. Where permitted, this is always mentioned in our reviews and articles.
We are happy to include elements of colour management in our commercial photography training.
Keith also gives lectures and more general talks about the importance and use of colour management principles and techniques.
- Why don’t my prints match my screen? Why your prints often don't match your screen very well. Some explanations, solutions and ways of dealing with the problem
- Why media settings are vital in your printer profiling Optimal media settings are essential for good results when making printer ICC profiles. Simple test prints make this an easier process with 3rd party papers
- How to remove Adobe Gamma Windows 2000 XP Vista Removing and deactivating Adobe Gamma, if installed on Windows 2000 XP Vista computers. Avoids conflict with monitor profiling and calibration systems.
- A Black and White test image Special test image designed for black and white print checking. Includes explanation of use for all features of the downloadable image.
- Saving images for web use Some of the things to consider when saving images for web use - how care with resizing and basic sharpening can give them a bit more punch
- Better Digital Black and White printing on your Inkjet printer Simple technique to make linearising curves for black and white photo prints. Measuring test prints with flatbed scanner provide data for curve construction
- Improving your Macs Colour How colour management is managed on the Apple Mac. This 2003 article originally published in TidBITS online magazine
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it. If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it.
If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
- Review Eye One Display 2 Review of the Eye One Display 2 (i1Display 2) monitor calibrator by GretagMacbeth (X-Rite). Calibrate and profile your monitor.
- MonoChromePro pigment inks for black and white printing Review of the MonoChromePro pigment ink set for black and white printing. Includes custom profile curve creation procedures for using QuadToneRIP (QTR). Making use of black and diluted black (grey) ink sets for monochrome photo printing
- Update for the ColorVision PrintFIX Update information for the original Colorvision (Datacolor) PrintFIX ICC printer profiling system. Includes new calibration card.
- Review of the ColorVision PrintFIX Review of the PrintFIX printer profiling system from ColorVision. ICC printer profile creation through measuring printed test targets with PrintFIX scanning unit.
- Datacolor Spyder X announced Datacolor have announced their latest Spyder X monitor and projector calibration system, the Spyder X. Improved speed and profiling accuracy are claimed
- X-Rite Adobe CC offer X-Rite Adobe CC offer - X-Rite are offering a free one year Adobe CC photography plan with certain product purchases (X-Rite i1Display Pro, i1Photographer Kit, ColorMunki Photographer Kit or i1Studio).
- How poor is your colour management A recent Datacolor survey shows how many photographers have problems with colour management and photo reproduction quality - some ways to improve, including a free colour management e-book
- Datacolor Colour management survey How does the UK photography community use colour management - a new survey is launched by Datacolor - complete the survey to enter a prize draw to win a Spyder5 monitor calibrator.
- Some benefits of Colour Management Datacolor survey with Leica forum users looks at the benefits of a colour managed workflow for photographers. Screen and print colour management
- X-Rite i1Studio launched X-Rite announce i1Studio package for monitor calibration, scanner and printer profiling (colour and black & white). Updated software / functionality for the ColorMunki spectrophotometer
- BenQ SW271 27 inch HDR 4k monitor BenQ have announced the SW271 27 inch HDR 4k monitor. With HDR10 support. SW271 features 99% Adobe RGB, 100% sRGB and Rec. 709. and DCI-P3 colour spaces.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks