Based in Leicester, we can provide you with independent colour management advice in conjunction with our training activities
We work in Leicestershire, the UK East Midlands and throughout the UK.
Reviews and articles
We have a large collection of reviews, articles and tutorials on this site, designed to help improve your understanding of the subject. There are links to Keith Cooper’s colour management related articles further down this page.
Our expertise originally stems from our own need to produce the highest quality fine art prints and accurate digital capture of images.
We do not directly sell hardware or software, so our independent advice is usually aimed at helping fellow photographers get the best results.
We can demonstrate any of the many colour management devices and systems shown on this site.
If you are not sure of why you should be getting into colour management, call on us for a short chat?
We’re happy to offer direct advice as part of our commercial services.
Colour management is not rocket science – you -can- do a lot of it yourself.
We’re happy to provide our commercial photography clients with help and advice relating to colour management issues, both where where it relates to our work, and more general matters such as monitor calibration.
Keith Cooper is a one of X-Rite’s ‘Coloratti’
“X-Rite’s Coloratti includes the world’s top professional photographers, a group whose vision, passion, leadership, and partnership are recognized and valued by X-Rite. Coloratti photographers are highly respected by their peers and are admired by up-and-coming professionals, enthusiasts, and students alike.”
Keith regularly tests new equipment and software before release under NDA. Where permitted, this is always mentioned in our reviews and articles.
We are happy to include elements of colour management in our commercial photography training.
Keith also gives lectures and more general talks about the importance and use of colour management principles and techniques.
- On site product product photography setup Basic colour management and photography options for photographing large numbers of products out of the studio. Efficient setup reduces the processing needed
- Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer setup Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer setup guide. Initial setup and attachment for the SU21 X-Rite spectro on the 24" large format printer.
- Black and white print linearisation with the i1Pro 2 Using the X-Rite i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer to measure black and white test print targets to create linearising curves and profile with the QTR software package
- Black and white print linearisation with i1Profiler and QTR Black and white print linearisation using QTR icc profiles created with X-Rite i1Profiler software and the i1Pro spectrophotometer
- So, you want a good, cheap inkjet printer with cheap ink Lots of people want a good quality, cheap, photo printer that doesn't cost a lot in ink. Unfortunately, the market doesn't quite work like that - some thought about what to do when your old printer dies.
- What paper should I use? With a massive range of different papers available, how should you go about seeing which papers work best for your photos. Some of the choices you can consider when looking at paper types and brands for printing your photographs
- When your prints are too dark Overview of the causes of prints of your photos coming out of your printer looking too dark. Discusses workarounds and more detailed fixes for the problem
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it. If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it.
If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
- Printer icc profile editing in Eye One Match A review of the printer icc profile editing functionality in Eye One Match. V3.4 of the software from GretagMacbeth (X-Rite) adds editing.
- Eizo CG210 CG211 LCD display review Review of the Eizo CG210 (CG211) LCD display 21" 1600x1200 14 bit monitor. Tested with Eizo ColorNavigator profiling software.
- Eye One Printer profiling A review of printer ICC profiling using the GretagMacbeth (X-Rite) eye one (i1 Pro) spectrophotometer and eye one match software.
- Profiling your scanner with the Eye One Using i1Match software and the GretagMacbeth (X-Rite) Eye One (i1) spectrophotometer to measure profiling targets for scanner profiling
- Eye One Design review Review of Eye One Design software (i1Match) with the Eye One spectrophotometer from GretagMacbeth (X-Rite). Monitor calibration and basic printer profiling.
- Review Eye One Display 2 Review of the Eye One Display 2 (i1Display 2) monitor calibrator by GretagMacbeth (X-Rite). Calibrate and profile your monitor.
- MonoChromePro pigment inks for black and white printing Review of the MonoChromePro pigment ink set for black and white printing. Includes custom profile curve creation procedures for using QuadToneRIP (QTR). Making use of black and diluted black (grey) ink sets for monochrome photo printing
- X-Rite Announces i1Pro 3 Plus X-Rite announce the i1Pro 3 Plus spectrophotometer for imaging, print and textile markets. The device is optimised for measuring a wide variety of materials
- New X-Rite ColorChecker card sizes X-Rite have announced a range of new sizes for their industry standard ColorChecker cards. Sizes launched range from Nano to Mega (24x40mm to 100x152cm)
- Datacolor Spyder X bundles Datacolor announced the launch of two new product bundles for photographers to manage their colour workflow: SpyderX Capture Pro and SpyderX Studio. Both include the recently launched SpyderX colour calibrator for monitors
- ColorChecker Passport software update The free X-Rite Colourchecker Passport software from X-Rite has been updated to V2 It supports camera DNG profiling, adding support for the the Colorchecker SG card and ICC profiling as well
- Datacolor Spyder X announced Datacolor have announced their latest Spyder X monitor and projector calibration system, the Spyder X. Improved speed and profiling accuracy are claimed
- X-Rite Adobe CC offer X-Rite Adobe CC offer - X-Rite are offering a free one year Adobe CC photography plan with certain product purchases (X-Rite i1Display Pro, i1Photographer Kit, ColorMunki Photographer Kit or i1Studio).
- How poor is your colour management A recent Datacolor survey shows how many photographers have problems with colour management and photo reproduction quality - some ways to improve, including a free colour management e-book
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks