Canon Pro-1 Printer
Upcoming printer review
Canon UK have sent me a Pro-1 A3+ printer for review.
A quick check shows a very capable B&W print mode, which with a 3rd party lustre paper produced a very even and neutral looking print – residual non-linearity was very easily cleared up with a QTR profile, which I was able to use directly when printing from CS5 to the driver’s B&W mode.
This from Canon’s launch info (last year – supplies of this printer were seriously hit by the floods in Thailand)
- 12-ink system with wide colour gamut
- Chroma Optimizer for uniform glossiness and crisp, sharp blacks
- Optimum Image Generating system enhances colour reproduction
- Black and white prints with 5 monochrome inks
- New LUCIA pigment inks ensure photo permanence
- Create a gallery-quality A3+ photo in approx. 2 minutes 55 sec
- High capacity ink tanks
- Wide range of media support including 356mm (14”) wide and thick media
Here it is after printing an A3+ profiling target.
If anyone has any specific queries, do let me know (here or email directly) and I’ll try and see if I can find an answer, or address the issue in my review (probably by the end of the month).
More print related information
For information about other printers, paper reviews and profiling (colour management) see the Printing section of the main Articles and Reviews page, or use the search box at the top of any page. There are also specific index pages for any articles connected with the following topics:
More of Keith's articles/reviews (Google's picks to match this page)
Buying anything from Amazon (not just what's listed) via any of the links below helps Keith and Karen keep the site going - thanks if you do! [Amazon UK]