Canon EOS 90D rumours
EOS 90D – the EOS 80D replacement
Rumours about the Canon EOS 90D DSLR
Rumours and information about the EOS 90D camera.
With the 80D launched in February 2016, it’s unlikely that there will be much to see here until 2018/19.
A good indicator of camera lifetimes and replacements is the Canon timeline a bit further down the page.
Buying anything via our links costs you no more, but helps expand the site. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way?
Visit the Deals & Offers page to see new stuff
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
Latest 90D Rumours
|Best||Full||1Ds||1Ds Mk II||1Ds Mk III||1D X||1DX II|
|1.3||1D||1D Mk II||1D MkIIn||1D Mk III||1D Mk IV|
|5D||5D Mk II||5D Mk III||5D Mk IV|
|1.6||7D||7D Mk II|
|Micro||1.6||100D SL1 X7||200D
|Entry||1.6||1000D / XS / F||1100D / T3 / X50||1200D T5 X70||1300D T6|
Note: dates start in announcement quarter, not shipping dates.
Video capable 4k | Digic | Digic 2 | Digic 3 dual | Digic 4 dual | Digic 5 dual | Digic 6 dual | Digic 7 dual
I’m minded to agree with CR that a 90D is more likely first, with a Digic 7 processor and putting a bit of space between it and the 77D. The timeline is always worth a look…
15th The new 77D pushes the 80D somewhat, but any 80D successor is probably a 2018 camera
18th No 90D info yet!
The 80D and EF-S 18-135 are announced – full specs and info on the 8oD page
2nd The 70D is announced:
The 70D page also has all the old xxD rumours going back quite a few years
– New 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor
– Dual Pixel CMOS AF
– Image processing engine DIGIC6
– Regular sensitivity ISO100-16000 (extension 25600)
– 7560 pixel RGB + IR metering sensor
– AF 45 points (all points cross type). 27 points @F8 -3EV
– Four of the AF area selection modes, including a new “L zone AF”
– Continuous shooting 7 frames / sec. 3 frames / second at the silent continuous shooting mode
– The number of pictures 77 copies in JPEG. 20 sheets in RAW
– Continuous shooting in live view mode 5 frames / sec. (AF tracking)
– New mirror vibration control system to keep the mirror shock (MVCS)
– Finder is 100% field of view, magnification 0.95 times
– Shutter 30 seconds -1/8000 seconds. Synchro 1/250 sec
– 3 inches 1.04 million dot Vari-angle LCD monitor
– Built-in flash (guide number 12)
– Electronic Level
– A new Picture Style “fine detail”
– 10 kinds of scene mode
– Video is full HD 60fps. AF tracking
– HDR movie
– Time-lapse movie
– Five types of movies Creative Filters
– Wi-Fi, NFC. Remote shooting
– Media SD / SDHC / SDXC (UHS-I compatible)
– Durability of the shutter is 100,000 times
– USB terminal, HDMI terminal, microphone jack, headphone jack, remote control terminal
– Improved dust and water
– The battery LP-E6N / LP-E6
– Start-up time is 0.16 seconds
– EF-S18-135mm F3.5-5.6 enables remote shooting using the power zoom function in combination with IS USM and the power zoom adapter PZ-E1
– The size of 139.0 x 105.2 x 78.5mm
– Weight 730g (650g body only)
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog .
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going.
We really do appreciate this - thanks [link for Amazon UK | Amazon US]