Before we send a photography quote
Photography: Before we send you a quote
What we’d like to know from you and what you get from us
If you’d like us to quote for some photographic work, there are a few things it would help us to know from you in order to best meet your needs.
There are also a few things you should know about our services and what we can do for you, when asking about our prices.
We’ve included some more details of what you’ll get for your money and a brief summary of our terms and conditions.
Remember that we also have a
Guide to our rates and prices
Your photography quote
Before we can send an accurate quote – and so we have a good idea of your expectations and the type of photography you are looking for – it would be helpful if you could tell us:
- What you want us to photograph – and if you have some snaps of the item/project so we know roughly what we’re shooting, that would be perfect
- Where the shoot is taking place – just a rough address is fine so we know if there are any travel costs we need to quote for
- Do you have an idea in your head of how the photos should look and what they need to communicate – if you’ve got any examples to share with us that would be great
- What are you going to use the final images for – web, print, editorial, general promotion
- Will you be passing them onto a third party who are working on your behalf
- Are you working on behalf of a third party
- Will you be using them for an international print/billboard marketing campaign
- What’s our deadline for getting the job done for you
- Do you have a set budget for the project.
If you’re unsure about any of this, please do ask?
What we need to tell you
Here are some things you need to know about Northlight Images before asking us for a quotation.
The legal bit
Our full T&Cs can be found here and we do advise you take a look at them in their entirety, but – briefly – here’s some things you need to know know:
- Our payment terms are 28 days from the date of the invoice – which will be emailed to you once we’ve sent you your images
- Use of the images is dependent on payment of the invoice in full
- We always retain copyright but you will be provided with a generous Image Use License, which will usually allow you to use your images to promote your business via any medium – digital or print – for as long as you like
Obviously, if you’ve any specific requirements, please do ask for any clarification?
What you’ll get for your money
- All photography – your charge will be based on the time it takes us to get you the photos you want
- Processing of all your images – there’s no additional charge for standard processing which includes editing for colour balance, brightness, basic sharpening and, if necessary corrections for geometry
- Supply of ALL the images taken – as JPEGs and sent electronically. We believe you should have the opportunity to choose from a wide selection of images, although we’ll not send you anything that we don’t consider to be of an excellent technical standard – so nothing out of focus or badly lit
- A license to use your images – which will usually allow you to use your photos how you want, with no time restrictions
- We aim to store all of our original photo files.
- Post production advice – if you’re struggling to make best use of your images, let us know, we’re here to help
If we’ve not answered all your questions here, please just ask.
Unlike many photographers, we believe in providing
a guide to our rates
Keith Cooper does a lot of testing of new equipment and software directly for manufacturers. As well as giving the very latest technical expertise to our clients, it is part of our mission to help people improve and enjoy their own photography.
There are nearly a thousand free articles and reviews on this site.